Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Do you have/ever had Facebook? Watch

ReputationRep:
    I was just wondering if anyone else had deleted their facebook, temporarily, due to Jan exams or any other reasons?

ReputationRep:
    Yes

ReputationRep:
    yeah, also Facebook is a bit dead nowadays..just people posting w/e, putting up loads of pictures, getting likes from random stuff. I actually spend more time on here now at least some of the discussion is intellectual/ exam related :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    No, I will not give in to the Illuminati.

ReputationRep:
    Deleted mine last month due to exam revision. I may or may not get it back, the thing is, I find life is a bit less stressful without it but then again it is really good for keeping in touch with people.

ReputationRep:
    I know some people who have deactivated it during exam period, but I haven't really - its a bit of a ghost town anyway.

ReputationRep:
    i really only use facebook to talk to my international friends

ReputationRep:
    Yeah but I'm gonna delete it soon.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dobbie180)
    I was just wondering if anyone else had deleted their facebook, temporarily, due to Jan exams or any other reasons?
    Yep, I do it entirely throughout the school year and it helps significantly. My friends argue that I should have more self control and have it up to meet up and things, but the fact of the matter is, I don't have that level of self control unless it's completely deactivated for a bit, and I doubt many of my own friends do themselves, but I've done myself a favour by not spending endless hours on it. I procrastinate enough as it is, add Facebook to the mix and I wouldn't have done nearly as much revision as I have this holiday.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by maselg2)
    i really only use facebook to talk to my international friends
    This, and this is the sole reason I have not yet deactivated my account.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kerrias)
    This, and this is the sole reason I have not yet deactivated my account.
    its the only free way to talk to people who dont have the same phone as you!

ReputationRep:
    Yes and no and you can use 'whatsapp' between smartphones

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cephalus)
    No, I will not give in to the Illuminati.
    KILLUMINATI!!!!!11111

but seriously, no. It is addictive as it is, time literally flies when you're on that stuff, it's like a mini diary of everyone so I'm not surprised.

I perma deleted my FB and I feel much better.

ReputationRep:
    Not this time but I did last year. To be honest I only use now as some of my friends use it as away to keep in touch and my sister is moving abroad soon so I'll need it to keep in contact with her. If it wasn't for those reasons I'd probably deleted it ages ago.

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.