Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Starting to get excited and nervous at the same time haha! I don't know whether to start getting plates and stuff yet? I'm hoping for catered in princess royal I'm jade woodland on fb if anyone wants to add me

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I think you should. If its left until the last minute, it'll cost a fortune all together! I think I'm just going to pick things up as I go along. I'm so excited I'm applying for princess royal too

when's your birthday or where do you live so I know which one is you on Facebook? Ha

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MeganLG)
    I think you should. If its left until the last minute, it'll cost a fortune all together! I think I'm just going to pick things up as I go along. I'm so excited I'm applying for princess royal too

when's your birthday or where do you live so I know which one is you on Facebook? Ha
    Same here, but im going catered. Just keep on picking up clothes now and then.

ReputationRep:
    09/03/94 it's the black and white picture with my dog, I just don't have anywhere to put new stuff haha

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JadeWoodland)
    Starting to get excited and nervous at the same time haha! I don't know whether to start getting plates and stuff yet? I'm hoping for catered in princess royal I'm jade woodland on fb if anyone wants to add me

Posted from TSR Mobile
    a trip to ikea is on the cards for me I think haha. most likely after payday...

can you get catered in princess royal??

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Avolil)
    Cool, had my interview today btw! Went well!
    Hi,
    I noticed that you applied for the extended foundation degree in veterinary nursing. I have done the same and got my interview on 1st May. I was wondering what sort of questions they will ask? I am 17 and live only 15mins away from harper. I work every weekend on a buffalo farm milking African water buffaloes getting up at 3am and finishing at 7pm and have got 15 gcses A*-B, but I am seriously freaking out about this interview. I went to last years hec so I know what harper is like and ive done work experience at vets. Is there anyway you could help me please? It will be very much appreciated as I am very very scared. Thank you if anyone else can help to please it would be amazing, anything at all will help

ReputationRep:
    Hi I've been accepted on to the animal management and behaviour extended foundation degree so although I haven't had a vet nursing interview, I should imagine they're wont be much difference.

I was so worried about the interviews but they are really nothing to worry about. Mine was so relaxed, just like a chat. Only lasted about ten minutes, just wanted to know a bit about myself, why I didn't complete my A Levels and what my future goals were really. Try not to worry, sounds like you've got plenty of experience

ReputationRep:
    Thank you It says on my letter that they will ask me about what is happening in the news about animals and about research developments and stuff so i'm freaking out about that, even though I subscribe to The Veterinary nurse magazine and my vet who lives round the corner drops me off the veterinary times and veterinary record every week. I just really really want to get in sooo bad What sort of questions did they ask? Did you have to write anything for it?

ReputationRep:
    Mine may have been different to yours but my letter said the same thing, and nope, I didn't get asked anything. It may depend on who interviews you, I'm not sure. I didn't have to write anything, just make sure you discuss your work experience in detail. I'm sure you will be fine. We were all freaking out before our interviews, then after its like "Ah, that weren't so bad!"

Hahaa! Good luck! It wouldn't harm googling a few research methods, animal news etc just so you have a good idea!

Let me know how you get on!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Thank you so much, hopefully if I get it I shall see you at harper for freshers week which is also my 18th birthday :P I want to get in soooooo bad

ReputationRep:
    Wow! You'll have an amazing 18th then!
    I'm sure you'll be absolutely fine.
    If you want to add me on Facebook, feel free Megan Goodall (lives in Prestatyn)

hopefully see you at Freshers! Have any idea what accommodation you want yet?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LaurenJA)
    Thank you so much, hopefully if I get it I shall see you at harper for freshers week which is also my 18th birthday :P I want to get in soooooo bad

Good luck. See you there. JB

ReputationRep:
    Ive added you on facebook I have a twin sister though so im gonna miss our 18th I thought we had to have Boughey? ive stayed in Bradford when I went to HEC and that is the worst one but it was ok I think im concentrating on actually getting in first cause once that's done I can do the rest See you all there

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JDB24)
    Good luck. See you there. JB
    See you there too what are you studying?

ReputationRep:
    See you there too what are you studying?
    Hi, Im doing Rural Property Management at Harpers, cant wait to start now tbh. Dont worry about your interview BTW. Mine was just a chat really and pretty informal. Just make sure you dress smart for it. Are you on FB? im Jonathan Bell.

ReputationRep:
    Hi,
    I noticed that you applied for the extended foundation degree in veterinary nursing. I have done the same and got my interview on 1st May. I was wondering what sort of questions they will ask? I am 17 and live only 15mins away from harper. I work every weekend on a buffalo farm milking African water buffaloes getting up at 3am and finishing at 7pm and have got 15 gcses A*-B, but I am seriously freaking out about this interview. I went to last years hec so I know what harper is like and ive done work experience at vets. Is there anyway you could help me please? It will be very much appreciated as I am very very scared. Thank you if anyone else can help to please it would be amazing, anything at all will help
    Hi Lauren! Major apologies for the late reply! It's hard to tell which questions they ask you but make sure you know what to say, but also dont sound too rehearsed. No 'umming' or 'ahhing'! But that's common knowledge anyway. Just make sure you know a couple of topics that are in the media, just incase! I never got asked questions about it but I had ideas in my head just to be safe. Be prepared for them to ask 'Why Vet Nursing?' and 'Why Harper' etc. And DONT say 'because I love animals', because you wouldnt be applying for vet nursing if you hated them.

They interview multiple people at a time so I cant be certain who will interview you. They are ALL lovely though so don't panic because they aren't there to trick you or catch you out, they just want to get to know you and what you're about.

It did take them almost 6 weeks to get back to me though so don't be disheartened if you don't hear anything soon after the interview.

If you have any other questions just throw them my way and you're more than welcome to add 'Chrissie Thornewill' on facebook.

Also accommodation-wise, if you're under 18 when you start then you have to have Boughey, and you will be labelled a 'Baby Boughey' for the rest of the year. Because Megan, I, and others in this thread are all over 18 we have the choice of what accommodation we want

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JDB24)
    Hi, Im doing Rural Property Management at Harpers, cant wait to start now tbh. Dont worry about your interview BTW. Mine was just a chat really and pretty informal. Just make sure you dress smart for it. Are you on FB? im Jonathan Bell.
    I need to go shopping this weekend for smart clothes yea I am, I'm Lauren Allpress, so I shall try to add you

ReputationRep:
    Hi Lauren! Major apologies for the late reply! It's hard to tell which questions they ask you but make sure you know what to say, but also dont sound too rehearsed. No 'umming' or 'ahhing'! But that's common knowledge anyway. Just make sure you know a couple of topics that are in the media, just incase! I never got asked questions about it but I had ideas in my head just to be safe. Be prepared for them to ask 'Why Vet Nursing?' and 'Why Harper' etc. And DONT say 'because I love animals', because you wouldnt be applying for vet nursing if you hated them.

They interview multiple people at a time so I cant be certain who will interview you. They are ALL lovely though so don't panic because they aren't there to trick you or catch you out, they just want to get to know you and what you're about.

It did take them almost 6 weeks to get back to me though so don't be disheartened if you don't hear anything soon after the interview.

If you have any other questions just throw them my way and you're more than welcome to add 'Chrissie Thornewill' on facebook.

Also accommodation-wise, if you're under 18 when you start then you have to have Boughey, and you will be labelled a 'Baby Boughey' for the rest of the year. Because Megan, I, and others in this thread are all over 18 we have the choice of what accommodation we want
    Thank you soooo much I really appreciate it I really do. I had a mock interview at school today and they said I was very impressive as I have put together a diary of all of my work experience writing about what I have done everyday at the vets, at a zoo and at the buffalo farm I have a very specific reason for doing vet nursing so hopefully that will be ok thank you soooo much. I shall be 17 when I start because my birthday is on the 27th and we start on the 25th so I shall be a baby boughey but at least, hopefully, I shall have gotten in

ReputationRep:
    Thank you soooo much I really appreciate it I really do. I had a mock interview at school today and they said I was very impressive as I have put together a diary of all of my work experience writing about what I have done everyday at the vets, at a zoo and at the buffalo farm I have a very specific reason for doing vet nursing so hopefully that will be ok thank you soooo much. I shall be 17 when I start because my birthday is on the 27th and we start on the 25th so I shall be a baby boughey but at least, hopefully, I shall have gotten in
    My fingers are crossed for you!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    My fingers are crossed for you!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Thank you I had my mock interview yesterday and apparently I am an impressive young lady and so now I am ready for Wednesday I don't think I have wanted something so bad like this before :P

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.