Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Avolil)
    I know it is, this is my third time so I think thats why I'm so calm about it

Same! I never liked a uni as much as Harper!
    I live about 2 hours away, East Midlands, how about you?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Haha! yeah 1st time for anything is scary ! i live in northern ireland, 25 minute flight away haha! would u be staying at harper or living at home?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Claire1994)
    Haha! yeah 1st time for anything is scary ! i live in northern ireland, 25 minute flight away haha! would u be staying at harper or living at home?
    Nice! I'd stay at Harper, I couldn't bring myself to get up so early to drive and commute! :P I'm guessing you'll be staying at Harper? Haha

ReputationRep:
    Nice! I'd stay at Harper, I couldn't bring myself to get up so early to drive and commute! :P I'm guessing you'll be staying at Harper? Haha
    Yes deffo! i think it would be impossible for me to commute haha! but since i have to do an extra year, ive been saving since last summer, as uni is so expensive! Staying at uni will give u the full student experience like living on toast for weeks haha

ReputationRep:
    Yes deffo! i think it would be impossible for me to commute haha! but since i have to do an extra year, ive been saving since last summer, as uni is so expensive! Staying at uni will give u the full student experience like living on toast for weeks haha
    Thought so! :P

Oh god definitely! It's 9000 a year, so hopefully getting 65% in the year 0 I can jump straight to the BSc instead of the Fdn Degree!!

I think that's what I might end up doing! Toast and super noodles or something! Haha! I guess I should make a promise to myself to eat my 5 a day or something haha :P

ReputationRep:
    Thought so! :P

Oh god definitely! It's 9000 a year, so hopefully getting 65% in the year 0 I can jump straight to the BSc instead of the Fdn Degree!!

I think that's what I might end up doing! Toast and super noodles or something! Haha! I guess I should make a promise to myself to eat my 5 a day or something haha :P
    yeah ino its mad! yeah hope to get that myself! well student life is all about the budget haha!

ReputationRep:
    yeah ino its mad! yeah hope to get that myself! well student life is all about the budget haha!
    Certainly is! Best of luck to you! Let me know if you hear anything!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Certainly is! Best of luck to you! Let me know if you hear anything!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Best of luck to u aswell! lets hope we hear soon!

ReputationRep:
    Good luck to all of you, im guessing you will all be fine getting interviews seeing as they gave me one and all ive got is GCSE's, ive just found out though that were supposed to be getting a load of snow tuesday night and ive got my interview the day after on wednesday! Suppose i better go put the knobbly tyres on the landrover.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mat13)
    Good luck to all of you, im guessing you will all be fine getting interviews seeing as they gave me one and all ive got is GCSE's, ive just found out though that were supposed to be getting a load of snow tuesday night and ive got my interview the day after on wednesday! Suppose i better go put the knobbly tyres on the landrover.
    Haha, oh no! How far away are you from Harper? I shall wish you luck closer to the time!
    We were supposed to have snow here today but it's been a no-show, I bet it'll snow tonight and get me tomorrow morning ready for work! -.-

You have a landrover? You'll fit into Harper just fine then! ;P

ReputationRep:
    Im in Sheffield, luckily ive got some friends who are allready studying at harper so if it starts snowing heavily on tuesday ile just set off then and stay at theres that night.

And yup ive got the full landrover, barbour wax jacket and a yard full of old tractors, its probably why i want to go there so much lol

ReputationRep:
    Ah that's pretty lucky!

Haha, I only have a silly Ford Fiesta Style 06 but I'm considering selling it if I get accepted. Only reason I'm considering keeping it would be so I can actually get to shops. But everyone I've spoke to said there's bound to be a flatmate who has a car to just cheat a lift from them when they go to the supermarket or something :P

I have none of that! I hope I fit in if I get to go! >_<

ReputationRep:
    I couldnt live without a car, especially down there in the middle of knowhere, plus ile be going back home most weekends to work, and youl fit in, half of the people i know who go there were city folk before they started, they soon had tractor posters on there walls

ReputationRep:
    Haha that's why I'm so reluctant to sell it! It'll be my only decent way of decent transport! Plus... I dont wanna be a bus ****er. Haha KIDDING, I love buses.. Sometimes.

If we both get in I'll come find you and harass you for lifts to places Nahh just kidding

Haha, tractor posters... Might just have to do that, embrace my inner country-loving self!

ReputationRep:
    Ide keep it for now, if you get desperate for cash you could allways sell it while your down there, but trust me theres good money to be made giving lifts back from newport on a monday night.

And just borrow the truck if you want, it is a bit big though lol

ReputationRep:
    I think I'll end up doing that, oh yeah thats a good point, I'm not a big drinker nor am I big on going out partying etc. so I'll just be the taxi :P

Haha I'd love my own truck or something, just the costs that are stopping my at the moment >_<

ReputationRep:
    You have to have a drink on a wednesday, wednesday nights in the union at harper are amazing

and the truck doesnt take that much running, i do all of the work on it myself which helps a bit

It is fun driving a mini monster truck round lol

ReputationRep:
    We'll have to see if I even get there first :P but I suppose wednesdays wouldnt hurt haha.

I want it! ANYTHING like that would be my perfect car, I cant be doing with posh sports cars, trucks are where my loyalties lie! :P

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    You should come out with the 4x4 club if you get in then, the white one is my other truck and all the others are other people from harper

ReputationRep:
    its DEFINITELY something I'd consider! I was under the impression you need to own one to join that club?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    No anyone intrested can join, theres allways plenty of room for passengers as long as you dont mind getting a bit muddy lol, if your on facebook the link for the group is http://www.facebook.com/groups/Harper4x4Club.12.13/

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.