Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    haha, I dont mind getting muddy at all. Im not a girly girl. The other day I was cleaning out the post mortem freezer at the vets because a deceased animal had leaked >.< :L

I shall have a look into it!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    haha nice, weve had a few cows at the farm do that, not a pleasant job cleaning up after them!

ReputationRep:
    I can imagine it's not a boring task though ;P

So what're you expecting for your interview anyway? I have a friend at Harper who said she'd help prep me for one if I get one

ReputationRep:
    Apparently its just questioning you about why you want to go to harper, what you want from the course and your previous expirience. Im a bit nervous about it but trying not to think about it now, what will be will be lol. If youve been working for a vets you should be fine.

ReputationRep:
    I'm sure you'll do fine you seem to know your stuff about the place!

Yeah fingers crossed!

ReputationRep:
    I've just caught up on the conversation! Ha!

I'd love a truck!

Im really nervous. I don't think I'll get in. I've got some farm experience and experience with my own dogs but as I live in the middle of nowhere and have only just started driving lessons, I struggle to get anywhere! Ha!
    I do volunteer for an animal charity from home but I don't think that'll be good enough

ahhh

ReputationRep:
    I'm sure you'll be okay! The whole point of the Extended Foundation is for situations like yours!

See if you can get any more experience before you get interviewed, I'm sure it would help.

I only started my nursing experience last month but I've worked in the environment and know it's what I want to do which is what they want to make sure of when accepting applicants. Purely because they dont want to accept someone then have that someone drop out after 3 weeks haha

ReputationRep:
    Haha well anybody who gets in is welcome to have a go in either of my trucks, and ive been reading up online on the interview process and it seems like they prefer actual experience to qualifications so im sure you will both be fine.

ReputationRep:
    I am totally taking you up on that offer! Haha

ReputationRep:
    No worries, whats the worst that could happen lol

ReputationRep:
    I'd K.O it or something... Lmao

ReputationRep:
    Ahh its fine, thats why ive got two lol, cause ones allways broken! Going to end up taking all of my tools down with me as well.

ReputationRep:
    I wish I could have two cars!

Do it, if I end up having a go in it I think they'll be needed!

ReputationRep:
    I've applied for agri business foundation and agriculture with farm business management bsc ! In the hope I'd get at least one offer ! I had my interview in October when I went up for an open day as I live quite far away from harper ! Very happy as I got two conditional offers ! However I'm struggling with the 10 weeks work experience requirement as I don't have a family farm or anything like that and a lot of farms round here are reluctant to take on work experience (especially because Im a girl .... Rageeee ) i've managed to do 2 or 3 so far but its been hard finding places that will take you for a more than a week especially on the commercial farms ! just wondered if anyone else was having this issue or how your getting work experience if you don't come from an agric home ? Thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Peachj)
    I've applied for agri business foundation and agriculture with farm business management bsc ! In the hope I'd get at least one offer ! I had my interview in October when I went up for an open day as I live quite far away from harper ! Very happy as I got two conditional offers ! However I'm struggling with the 10 weeks work experience requirement as I don't have a family farm or anything like that and a lot of farms round here are reluctant to take on work experience (especially because Im a girl .... Rageeee ) i've managed to do 2 or 3 so far but its been hard finding places that will take you for a more than a week especially on the commercial farms ! just wondered if anyone else was having this issue or how your getting work experience if you don't come from an agric home ? Thanks
    Congrats on the offer! Is the condition that you get your 10 weeks work experience? I haven't looked for work experience on farms, and I'm only limited to one day a week because I'm on an apprenticeship already working full time at a special treatment boarding kennels. So I get my experience with handling, medication giving and general care from my job, the work experience is to introduce me to what it's like working in the Vet Nursing environment (I LOVE it) but never thought about farming experience?! Do you think not having the farming experience could reduce my chances of an Extnd Fdn in Vet Nursing offer? :s

My thought would be to just keep going back to those that did accept you for experience in the first place. They like knowing you've have plenty of varied experience but just the fact you've got your experience in that field should be good enough i think?

ReputationRep:
    Well i think my interview went ok, was very informal and learnt quite a bit about the course that i didn't know before hand, just a waiting game now.

ReputationRep:
    Fingers crossed!
    Glad it went well! How's the weather near you btw? D: I'm stranded at work

ReputationRep:
    Not too bad near me yet, was a bit intresting getting home from harper last night, whereabouts are you?

ReputationRep:
    Oh dear I can only imagine, at least you had your beast of a car! :P Prepare for the worst! Though I think it's just heading south now. I'm in East Mids, Derby

ReputationRep:
    I want a blizzard overnight lol, i like having the roads to myself.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.