The Student Room Group

Harper Adams Foundation Year

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Do not wish for things like that! I need nice clear roads to get to work tomorrow :P

Also, received a letter from Harper today regarding work experience and references. Progress! ;D ahah
Reply 61
Ah thats good to hear, hopefully you will get your interview through soon, then when you get your offer we can make plans to get hammered at freshers week!
Reply 62
Fingers crossed! I'll send it off once all the necessary work experience is complete (22nd Feb) then I shall have to see what happens from then! :biggrin:

Aha, I have a feeling Freshers Week shall KILL me. Do you know the situation with accommodation by the way? I know I'm thinking ahead of myself but I'm not sure what the whole dealio is with it? :smile:
Reply 63
Im glad your interview went well!!! :biggrin: hope you get an offer soon!!

And I'm glad you've heard something! I've had an email to let me if I'm eligible for an interview they'll be in touch shortly! Hey, it's contact I suppose ha!

If I do get in, I CANNOT wait for Freshers!

Good luck everyone :biggrin:
Reply 64
Yay, so what were they saying in the e-mail? Didn't quite get what you mean? ^_^' haha

I haven't had one for that course, the letter I received was relating to Vet Nursing. Now I'm worried!

At least we've had some form of contact! Haha :smile:
Reply 65
It. Was basically just saying they've received my application and they're considering it. If I meet the requirements, they'll be in touch with an interview date. Then it gave me contact numbers etc in case I had any questions.

I wouldn't worry, it was probably just an automated email! I just got excited because it was some form of contact! Ha :smile:

What did you mean by the accommodation when you asked about it? Like when to apply and everything?

If you get accepted for both courses, which one do you think you'll do? Sorry just being nosey ha! :smile:
Reply 66
Ahhh okay haha >_<

Yeah like when to when to apply etc, though I did hear somewhere 1st years are guaranteed accommodation.

If I get both offers I'll do vet nursing but I assume because it's the extended we'd choose similar pathways to suit the course we're doing? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 67
They told us on the interview day that they guarantee accomadation for all first years but it is first come first serve, so get in early so you dont end up sharing a room lol.

Personally ile be applying for Flatt road for my first choice, catered and there proper little houses, so good for some barbeques in the summer!
Reply 68
I thought so, do you apply for accommodation as soon as you know about offers?

Yeah those houses on Flatt Row look really nice!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 69
The uni lets you know how to apply for accommodation when you get your offers apparently, and flatt road is the best as long as you dont mind not having an en suite, most of my friends who went lived there.
Reply 70
Ah right thats okay then. I cant see it bothering me that much haha, I'll get to know them all anyway.
I'll just take what I can get haha xD everyone usually prefers ensuites

Aren't you looking to gt accomm. With your friends who are already there?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 71
A lot of them graduate this year or i probably would, plus i dont want to miss out on halls, got to see if i can still party as hard as i used to lol.
Reply 72
Ah I getcha, plus it's nice to make new friends! I just dont want them all to be bratty 18yr olds that are only there cause its something to do!

Im not a very hard partier so I'll end up being taxi :L

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 73
Haha i think its a bit different there, theres a few less brats just because most people come from a farming background so will have been working before they got there.

Im sure there will be a few mature students anyway.
Reply 74
Very true! :smile:

Can you request to be put with the same-ish age group?
Reply 75
I dont think so, but then again who knows you might be able to request it, as long as ive got room for a big tv, a few crates of beer and my guitars im happy anywhere.
Reply 76
I dont even think I'll bring a telly, my laptop plays blurays so I'm set for that haha. Though I was considering bringing my ps3 so then id bring a telly if I did. I just need a room and I'm good hahaha

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 77
Also not sure if I'd want catered or self catering!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 78
I don't think I'd take a telly either!! I'm a really fussy eater so I suppose I'd be better of self catered?
i keep refreshing my emails!!! I'm so impatient haha!

I was so worried I was gonna be the only one around my age so I'm glad I'm not! :biggrin:
Reply 79
Maybe, I'd like to be catered but its not like I have any reason to do that. I'm perfectly capable of making my own food haha

I know theres no point checking my email until my work exp is sorted and reference sent back. then again I should be getting an email about the AnMan and Welf

I know what you mean! Im glad there are too! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply