Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fward)
    Im glad it updated for you Do you think you will firm Surrey??
    Thank you, I think so, what are you doing? Where are you firming ??

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by betsickles)
    Thank you, I think so, what are you doing? Where are you firming ??

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Cool! I have also firmed Surrey but for Law with Criminology. Where you from??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fward)
    Cool! I have also firmed Surrey but for Law with Criminology. Where you from??
    Nice, I'm from Eastbourne (near Brighton) what's your name? I'm Emily x

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Nice, I'm from Eastbourne (near Brighton) what's your name? I'm Emily x

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Ah your a bit closer to Surrey than me then, I'm from Devon. I'm Faye

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fward)
    Ah your a bit closer to Surrey than me then, I'm from Devon. I'm Faye
    Devon is lovely.. What's your name? Ill add you on fb will be nice to know someone at Surrey xx

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Devon is lovely.. What's your name? Ill add you on fb will be nice to know someone at Surrey xx

Posted from TSR Mobile
    It's lovely in the sun - but can be pretty rubbish when it's raining constantly...
    Its Faye Ward - I agree, i'm still trying to find someone from over Devon way who's going to Surrey - I was lucky last year and found someone from Somerset (i think) but then I defered my entry to 2013, so needed to start looking for people all over again

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fward)
    It's lovely in the sun - but can be pretty rubbish when it's raining constantly...
    Its Faye Ward - I agree, i'm still trying to find someone from over Devon way who's going to Surrey - I was lucky last year and found someone from Somerset (i think) but then I defered my entry to 2013, so needed to start looking for people all over again
    Haha there seems to be lots of Faye ward' haha add me: Facebook.com/emilybetts15
    Ah just the same as here really! I'm used to high prices of the south east, you've got that to look forward to

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Haha there seems to be lots of Faye ward' haha add me: Facebook.com/emilybetts15
    Ah just the same as here really! I'm used to high prices of the south east, you've got that to look forward to

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Added I'm surprised there is lots of Faye Wards on fb as Faye is supposed to be quite a rare name...
    Tbh Devon isn't actually that cheap - especially housing; however when I'm having to pay for myself in Surrey I reakon it's going to be a bit of a shock

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hotszyee)
    wht did they ask u abt? I am having the interview tmr. i am afraid that i am not prepared enough.

Really sorry I've only just seen this! hope it went okay!

Basically (for anyone else) it was just the usual "what does a dietician do?" etc, "what attributes do you have?" and things about my personal statement

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xxZazxx)
    just got an offer earlier today - 2 months after interview haha, better late than never though I guess really chuffed!
    YAY!! well done!!! I'm so excited now! 6 months and it'll be fresher's week! I'll see you there!

ReputationRep:
    Are dietetics students normally school leavers ? Or are most mature?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thegreenchildren)
    Mix of both I have heard

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jojokt)
    YAY!! well done!!! I'm so excited now! 6 months and it'll be fresher's week! I'll see you there!
    Thanks !!! yep will probably see you there just deciding whether to firm nottingham or surrey - still waiting on king's which i had a few months ago but not very hopeful ! are you waiting on any others??

ReputationRep:
    I'm 1st year dietetics at Surrey, and about 6 out of 40 of us are mature students. That's really low for dietetics where it's usually around 50%. I think mature students prefer urban unis, but I also know a few from my access course who didn't get in to Surrey, so maybe they don't like us much :confused:
    It's not great for mature students TBH but I didn't get in King's and didn't want to go to London Met but stay in SE so here I am.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by freebee)
    I'm 1st year dietetics at Surrey, and about 6 out of 40 of us are mature students. That's really low for dietetics where it's usually around 50%. I think mature students prefer urban unis, but I also know a few from my access course who didn't get in to Surrey, so maybe they don't like us much :confused:
    It's not great for mature students TBH but I didn't get in King's and didn't want to go to London Met but stay in SE so here I am.
    Ah right thanks for the info.
    As you seem to know your stuff, could you tell me which dietetics courses are made up of more school leavers and which are made up of more mature students if that's ok? I am just very interested. It's ok if you don't know

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xxZazxx)
    Thanks !!! yep will probably see you there just deciding whether to firm nottingham or surrey - still waiting on king's which i had a few months ago but not very hopeful ! are you waiting on any others??
    I just heard back from kings!!!! & I got a place!!! I really don't know what to do now though! I think I'm going to literally have to write a list of pros & cons for each place :/

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jojokt)
    I just heard back from kings!!!! & I got a place!!! I really don't know what to do now though! I think I'm going to literally have to write a list of pros & cons for each place :/

Posted from TSR Mobile
    aww well done that's fab !! did you hear today? decisions decisons :P

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know why Surrey are not answering my calls? Do they not work during the holidays?

ReputationRep:
    I think most universities are taking a teaching break for the Easter weekend until Wednesday 3rd. You may well have more of a response calling tomorrow. Good luck.

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know why Surrey are not answering my calls? Do they not work during the holidays?
    http://www.surrey.ac.uk/about/dates/

Quick google found that

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.