Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Guys - Would you date a woman taller than you? Watch

Announcements
  • View Poll Results: Would you date a girl taller than you?
    Yes - I don't care about height
    49.45%
    No - I'd like to say yes, but in reality I'd go for someone shorter
    26.37%
    I'm a girl
    24.18%

ReputationRep:
    I'm sorry if this has been done before, but I was curious as to what responses would come from guys on asking this question. A lot of us are very quick to judge some girls (me being one) for not giving short guys a chance. However, suppose girls stopped caring even in the slightest about height, and were willing to go out with guys shorter than them. I'm not just talking about an inch or two, but any difference, such as the girl being 6 ft and the guy 5'2 in a relationship. Would any of you guys want to date a girl taller than you?

My prediction is that, while a lot may say they don't care, in reality they'd probably go for a girl shorter than them because of social stigma, to escape feeling emasculated (not all may feel like this) and to be 'the protector.' But wait a second, what about all the guys that rant about how shallow it is for a girl to completely shut out shorter guys from consideration. If they don't even glance at girls taller than them, aren't they being a little hypocritical? I will stress that I know NOT ALL guys rant about this.

Oh, and imagine there are a lot of girls around that are taller than you, even if you are a tall guy.

Discuss

ReputationRep:
    Yes.

I would prefer her shorter, but I don't care enough for it to make me not want to date someone.
    Plus I've seen some very sexy women who are around 6ft.

ReputationRep:
    I'm a good few inch above the six foot mark so dating someone taller would be slightly strange to say the least.

ReputationRep:
    My boyfriends shorter than me..it does get some weird looks for some reason

ReputationRep:
    Never have but I would if I met a woman whom I was attracted to, was single and interested in me and taller.

ReputationRep:
    At the moment? No. I'm just not secure enough in my height to be comfortable dating someone more than an inch or so taller than me. That might change in the future but I really don't know.

Although I tend to be most attracted to shorter girls (could be another effect of my insecurity however).

ReputationRep:
    Nah, it'd look too weird tbh. Can you imagine standing on your toes to kiss your girlfriend?
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    I wouldn't mind unless it was a very large gap, as in it made being romantic etc. difficult in practice. As a short guy, there's no point narrowing people I'm attracted to down by something as arbitrary as height.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 2ndClass)
    Nah, it'd look too weird tbh. Can you imagine standing on your toes to kiss your girlfriend?
    We are all the same height in bed :ahee:

ReputationRep:
    Im 6ft 4, so never really had a problem. But ye I know some guys who do not feel 'the man' because they are too short. lol

ReputationRep:
    It'd only be an issue for me if it was more than say, 3 inches difference (which isn't that much on paper, but once you get them into high heels it becomes a lot more noticeable!) I'm 5'10" so I reckon the tallest I'd date would probably be around 6'2", though I'd happily make an exception for the right girl!

ReputationRep:
    I'm fairly short so would severely limit my pool of women by saying no. I don't care about height anyway. I care about the person!

ReputationRep:
    Wouldn't really mind but in a perfect world they'd be a similar height or 3-4 inches smaller

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    No me and my girlfriend just made the cut, she's an inch shorter than me

ReputationRep:
    I only really seem to find shorter guys attractive and I always worry that they would prefer a girl shorter than them and just wouldn't find me attractive.

ReputationRep:
    Im 6'4, not sure I would

Of course, I don't think I have a choice

ReputationRep:
      6ft woman would still be shorter than me brah. It's all good.

ReputationRep:
      Am doing so right now.

Don't care what others think anymore.

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by jami74)
      I only really seem to find shorter guys attractive and I always worry that they would prefer a girl shorter than them and just wouldn't find me attractive.
      Show interest in the short guy, then he'll be more receptive.

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

Submit reply
    TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: June 12, 2013
  1. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

2. Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  3. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

4. The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.