Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi all just looking some advice. I originally started to do a degree in technology and design teaching and after the first year decided that teaching was not for me. That was three and a half years ago and I have completed another degree and am still looking to be a teacher. If I decide to apply for a PGCE would it go against me that I had already started a teaching degree. As you can imagine selecting a course at 18 can be difficult and now that I am older I have a better idea of where I want to go in life. Has anyone every done this? And help would be great.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by oman)
    Hi all just looking some advice. I originally started to do a degree in technology and design teaching and after the first year decided that teaching was not for me. That was three and a half years ago and I have completed another degree and am still looking to be a teacher. If I decide to apply for a PGCE would it go against me that I had already started a teaching degree. As you can imagine selecting a course at 18 can be difficult and now that I am older I have a better idea of where I want to go in life. Has anyone every done this? And help would be great.
    I can't imagine it would, so long as you can show your wide range of experience and passion for teaching now.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Shelly_x)
    I can't imagine it would, so long as you can show your wide range of experience and passion for teaching now.
    :ditto:

Although if you didn't want to teach then, what has made you change your mind now?

ReputationRep:
    Can't see it being a problem. You could just say that you wanted to deepen your subject knowledge further before teaching, or something along those lines...

Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.