Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Yeah!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Invisibility Cloak Technology Took a Huge Leap Forward.

British Columbia company HyperStealth Biotechnology showed a functioning prototype of its new fabric to the U.S. and Canadian military this year. The material, called Quantum Stealth, bends light waves around the wearer without the use of batteries, mirrors, or cameras. It blocks the subject from being seen by visual means but also keeps them hidden from thermal scans and infrared.

ReputationRep:
    Rogue Planet Floating Through Space.

Until this year, scientists knew planets orbited a star. Then, in came CFBDSIR2149. With four to seven times the mass of Jupiter, it is the first free-floating object to be officially defined as an exoplanet and not a brown dwarf.

ReputationRep:
    Spray-On Skin

ReCell by Avita Medical is a medical breakthrough for severe-burn victims. The technology uses a postage stamp–size piece of skin from the patient, leaving the donor site with what looks like a rug burn. Then the sample is mixed with an enzyme harvested from pigs and sprayed back onto the burn site. Each tiny graft expands, covering a space up to the size of a book page within a week. Since the donor skin comes from the patient, the risk of rejection is minimal.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by So Instinct)
    Invisibility Cloak Technology Took a Huge Leap Forward.

British Columbia company HyperStealth Biotechnology showed a functioning prototype of its new fabric to the U.S. and Canadian military this year. The material, called Quantum Stealth, bends light waves around the wearer without the use of batteries, mirrors, or cameras. It blocks the subject from being seen by visual means but also keeps them hidden from thermal scans and infrared.
    how much!?

ReputationRep:
    Microsoft Patented the "Holodeck".

The patent suggests Microsoft wants to take gaming beyond a single screen and turn it into an immersive experience — beaming images all over the room, accounting for things like furniture, and bending the graphics around them to create a seamless environment.

ReputationRep:
    I'm reading through a QI book atm. Pure hilarity.

In 1915 Charlie Chaplin entered a Charlie Chaplin lookalike contest. He lost.

When asked, George W Bush said that his favourite childhood book was The Very Hungry Caterpillar. It was published when he was 23.

ReputationRep:
    http://www.youtube.com/user/alltime1...ew=0&flow=grid

This'll keep you entertained for hours

ReputationRep:
    Ultra-Flexible "Willow" Glass Will Allow for Curved Electronic Devices.

Created by New York–based developer Corning, the flexible glass prototype was shown off at an industry trade show in Boston. At only 0.05mm thick, it's as thin as a sheet of paper. Perhaps Sony's wearable PC concept will actually be possible before 2020.

ReputationRep:
    Slugs have 4 noses.

ReputationRep:
    Aaaand the best one.

Nothing beats watching cats fail.

ReputationRep:
    Interesting fact: I have a spoon stuck in my mouth.

ReputationRep:
    Well when I was 6 years old, chavs tried to kill me by throwing bricks at me.

Needless to say they had bad aim and here I am :dance:!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Glitch96)
    how much!?
    64 Galleons, 12 Sickles.

ReputationRep:
    Inspectors for the Royal Bank of Canada use green ink.

ReputationRep:
    HAHAHAHA you guys are amazing :*)

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I have a scar on my chin where my mum bit me

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Damask-)
    Inspectors for the Royal Bank of Canada use green ink.
    New Canadian $100 bills made out of polymer melt in the summer heat... But the Bank of Canada refutes this.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by So Instinct)
    Aaaand the best one.

Nothing beats watching cats fail.
    That is too funny! :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    I got the QI 1227 facts book for Christmas. Did you know the Swahili word for coconut is nazi?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.