Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

My boyfriend puts his phone face down. He always moves away when he gets a text or pretends to stretch so the phone isn't facing me.

He got an iPad for Christmas and when I went on it the other day I clicked on Facebook and he was logged in so I stayed on it and was just scrolling down his news feed and he saw. He never said anything so I thought he wasn't bothered.

I went on it again today and noticed he'd logged himself out.
    Am i just being too paranoid and over thinking while he's just being considerate thinking about me using his iPad before him next time? :u:

ReputationRep:
    Yeah....you're being too paranoid.
    You're invading his privacy. Surely if you'd liked him enough to have gotten in a relationship with him, then you should have trusted him?
    Why are you going on his Facebook anyway? I'm sure you wouldn't like it if he was doing the same to you; in fact, I'd bet you'd be whining over his lack of trust in you.
    If you're feeling that insecure that you have to sneakily check on his iPad, then you need to talk to him about these insecurities.

ReputationRep:
    I dont think you are. I think he's cheating on you to be honest.

He's really at defcon 1.

(Original post by Rosa Arabelle)
    Yeah....you're being too paranoid.
    You're invading his privacy. Surely if you'd liked him enough to have gotten in a relationship with him, then you should have trusted him?
    Why are you going on his Facebook anyway? I'm sure you wouldn't like it if he was doing the same to you; in fact, I'd bet you'd be whining over his lack of trust in you.
    If you're feeling that insecure that you have to sneakily check on his iPad, then you need to talk to him about these insecurities.
    I honestly wouldn't be bothered if he went on my phone. I leave it lying around and let him go on it when he asks. I've nothing to hide.

I didn't go on to snoop, I only went down his news feed not into messages/chat...

And i didn't "sneak" onto his iPad, he was in the same room as me.

ReputationRep:
    he puts his phone face down? wtf? are you actually kidding me? wow....hes clearly cheating.

Its just paranoia.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I honestly wouldn't be bothered if he went on my phone. I leave it lying around and let him go on it when he asks. I've nothing to hide.

I didn't go on to snoop, I only went down his news feed not into messages/chat...

And i didn't "sneak" onto his iPad, he was in the same room as me.
    Jesus, give the guy his privacy. If he happens to log out one day, that doesn't mean anything.
    Do you not trust him?

hahaha Wow what was I thinking posting this here.

I know it seems a bit silly like I am being but all of it together is dodgy, right?

Well obviously not but y'know...

hahaha Wow what was I thinking posting this here.

I know a couple of the things seems a bit silly like I am being over the top but all of it together is dodgy, right?

Well obviously not but y'know...
    • TSR Support Team

To be honest it is his phone and he does deserve a little privacy while texting.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, I think so

ReputationRep:
    You're being paranoid

ReputationRep:
    I think completely hiding his phone is a bit OTT. It's nice to have a bit of openness in a relationship and to know that a) the other person won't look in detail at your phone anyway, and b) for them to know that if they did happen to see what's on your screen then it's not something that they wouldn't want to see cos it'd hurt them or whatever. However, I think you took it too far by looking at his facebook feed...what did you gain from that?
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Paranoid. Look, give him his privacy - even when I'm not doing anything wrong, I don't like other people seeing my messages. Unless he does something more extreme, I don't think there's a cause for concern yet.

(Original post by georgia)
    I think completely hiding his phone is a bit OTT. It's nice to have a bit of openness in a relationship and to know that a) the other person won't look in detail at your phone anyway, and b) for them to know that if they did happen to see what's on your screen then it's not something that they wouldn't want to see cos it'd hurt them or whatever. However, I think you took it too far by looking at his facebook feed...what did you gain from that?
    I didn't go on it to look for anything, he has a lot of interesting people on his feed like tattooists, so I was interested to see their updates.

He was sat with me when I was on it and we were talking together about certain people that we came across. There was nothing to it..

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 6, 2013
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.