Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Adult Nursing, how many hours per week do you spend at Uni? Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Help!

I am due to start Adult Branch nursing at Dmu in the very near future, I keep earring really conflicting information about how much time is spent in uni per week. A tutor told me around 2.5 days, admissions are saying 9-5 for 5 days a week.

I would love someone who is in their first year or just finished their first year to give me an idea of what my hours will be.

Thanks in advance

ReputationRep:
    Hi - Im due to start DMU on the 21st Jan and me too would love to know the time spent at uni, even a timetable would be useful as I have three kids to organise childcare for.

Im starting the induction week in the hope there will be a timetable given out asap, cause without this I may be totting up nursery fees without being able to carry on. Dont hold out much hope on getting my bursery through in the immediate future either.

If there is any BSc Nursing students at DMU please could you advise on the timetable and how long it takes for the bursary to come through. Any info would be much appreciated.

Thanks
    Gemma

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gcorry3)
    Hi - Im due to start DMU on the 21st Jan and me too would love to know the time spent at uni, even a timetable would be useful as I have three kids to organise childcare for.

Im starting the induction week in the hope there will be a timetable given out asap, cause without this I may be totting up nursery fees without being able to carry on. Dont hold out much hope on getting my bursery through in the immediate future either.

If there is any BSc Nursing students at DMU please could you advise on the timetable and how long it takes for the bursary to come through. Any info would be much appreciated.

Thanks
    Gemma
    Hi Gemma,

Can't say much about DMU and times at uni, but I'm starting at Wolves on 28 Jan and have had my award notification for my bursary... I sent my application off in Dec for my bursary and was told I would hear from them re a decision within 20 working days of my documents being scanned... taking into account the Christmas and New year hols, 20 working days for me would have been Monday 14th Jan and I got my notification on Wednesday... this means that providing all is well with your application you they are on time with the applications that they are getting now... Have you called them to find out when approx you should hear re your bursary?

Also at Wolves we do 3 days in uni for lectures/workshops etc and then have 2 days for self study perhaps DMU's admission team were including the study days...

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for your quick reply feeling a little more hopful now that it won't be too long until my bursary is finalised. Hoping DMU's timetable is like Wolves as it has a good balance. Good luck with your studies.

Gemma x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gcorry3)
    Thanks for your quick reply feeling a little more hopful now that it won't be too long until my bursary is finalised. Hoping DMU's timetable is like Wolves as it has a good balance. Good luck with your studies.

Gemma x

Hi Gemma,

Even if the bursary is finalised before starting uni you won't get paid for at least a week after enrolment as dmu has to let the bursary people know you have enrolled on the course
    :/

ReputationRep:
    Yea I know its a right pain thats the same for the student loans too!

Gemma

ReputationRep:
    No sure exactly about Dmu, but I'm in my first year of adult nursing now and the timetable in my uni varies week to week! Generally were expected to be in uni (whether thats lectures,clincal skills or study time) for 35 hours per week. The first few weeks was pretty full on,with lectures 9-5 pretty much every day,occasionally finishing at 3/4pm. After that you get a couple more mornings/afternoons off,then have some study days where you have the day off lectures, but these are usually before deadlines so have work to do at home!
    I'm on my first placement now and we have to do 37.5 hours a week in our clinical setting,and have a few bits n bobs to do for Uni on top of that.
    It is pretty full on with timetables,but just pre plan time for assignments and it's fine!
    2.5 days a week would be looovely,if slightly optimistic! Hope that helped a bit,most uni's follow the same rough timetables as the NMC require students to do a specific number of theory (lectures) and practice hours (placement)
    Good luck with the course! Any questions feel free to message me

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.