Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

A solution for 16 y/o wannabe drivers! Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SpanishInquisition)
    Yeah same, I can control a car but learning how to do it properly/legally will be good.
    Yeah, I can basically drive a car, and I just LOVE driving, even if it is on a private learners track, or on my driveway:P

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kre)
    I've been driving for almost two years and I've never seen anything I'd rather not be driving then that green shed on wheels. :lolwut:
    Fair enough, I admit its not the prettiest thing around, but its.......different XD

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chris_Cross)
    It's their moped and I can't really afford my own atm - and I live with them :P

Posted from TSR Mobile
    You should just go for it , after a year you will probably not even want a car. At 17 you will be after your first 125cc. At the end of the day if you crash it, your fault and your responsibility. All a part of growing up.

Bikes are cheaper and way more fun then cars. Can be a bit less safe but only if you ride like a c*ck with no proper saftey gear.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, I can basically drive a car, and I just LOVE driving, even if it is on a private learners track, or on my driveway:P

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Same here, thing is the suitable land around here is limited so I can hit 25 mph tops, in 3rd gear for about 5 seconds then back to 2nd. Do you know of any private learners tracks? I couldn't find any. I can practice turns in the road in the driveway, let's just say I need all the practice I can get!

ReputationRep:
    I much prefer cars, and will be getting one when I'm 17 somehow - I just want something to get me from a to b quickly while in 16 because I'm sooooo lazy

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Same here, thing is the suitable land around here is limited so I can hit 25 mph tops, in 3rd gear for about 5 seconds then back to 2nd. Do you know of any private learners tracks? I couldn't find any. I can practice turns in the road in the driveway, let's just say I need all the practice I can get!
    There's a place called 'young driver' which is sponsored by seat. They have a couple of locations throughout the UK - http://www.youngdriver.eu/

Can I just say, the seat Ibiza I drove there last year was a great car, so easy to drive!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    The piaggio ape 50!

It is only 50cc so 16 year olds can drive it having sat their CBT!

I am almost 16 and am desperate to drive, but don't want to drive a scooter.

https://encryptedtbn0.gstatic.com/im...rRTQx2qzOuUiqg

Posted from TSR Mobile
    How about this:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/newsbeat/20451602

19 Jan, not too long.

ReputationRep:
    I live in the states and can drive while it is nice. I have to do so much more for my parents now i want to cry sometimes.

ReputationRep:
    Looks nice, but a bit expensive for 30mph :P

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by maselg2)
    I live in the states and can drive while it is nice. I have to do so much more for my parents now i want to cry sometimes.
    I will take it upon myself to be the family's personal chauffeur when I learn to drive XD

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Haha, I'd take anything to get around but would prefer not to use a scooter as I'm too much of a 'speed freak', and I'd probably injure myself XD

Posted from TSR Mobile
    If you say youre a speed freak.. i dont think your ready for the roads to be honest :\

ReputationRep:
    Not really, I'm a safe person just love roller coasters and stuff haha

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    The problem here is, you don't drive a bike, you ride it

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    That must be so exciting.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ice Constricter)
    Better than nothing:P

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ice Constricter)
    Nerve-shredding terror tbh.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 11, 2013
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.