Turn on thread page Beta

A solution for 16 y/o wannabe drivers! watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SpanishInquisition)
    Yeah same, I can control a car but learning how to do it properly/legally will be good.
    Yeah, I can basically drive a car, and I just LOVE driving, even if it is on a private learners track, or on my driveway:P

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kre)
    I've been driving for almost two years and I've never seen anything I'd rather not be driving then that green shed on wheels. :lolwut:
    Fair enough, I admit its not the prettiest thing around, but its.......different XD

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chris_Cross)
    It's their moped and I can't really afford my own atm - and I live with them :P

Posted from TSR Mobile
    You should just go for it , after a year you will probably not even want a car. At 17 you will be after your first 125cc. At the end of the day if you crash it, your fault and your responsibility. All a part of growing up.

Bikes are cheaper and way more fun then cars. Can be a bit less safe but only if you ride like a c*ck with no proper saftey gear.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, I can basically drive a car, and I just LOVE driving, even if it is on a private learners track, or on my driveway:P

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Same here, thing is the suitable land around here is limited so I can hit 25 mph tops, in 3rd gear for about 5 seconds then back to 2nd. Do you know of any private learners tracks? I couldn't find any. I can practice turns in the road in the driveway, let's just say I need all the practice I can get!

ReputationRep:
    I much prefer cars, and will be getting one when I'm 17 somehow - I just want something to get me from a to b quickly while in 16 because I'm sooooo lazy

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Same here, thing is the suitable land around here is limited so I can hit 25 mph tops, in 3rd gear for about 5 seconds then back to 2nd. Do you know of any private learners tracks? I couldn't find any. I can practice turns in the road in the driveway, let's just say I need all the practice I can get!
    There's a place called 'young driver' which is sponsored by seat. They have a couple of locations throughout the UK - http://www.youngdriver.eu/

Can I just say, the seat Ibiza I drove there last year was a great car, so easy to drive!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    The piaggio ape 50!

It is only 50cc so 16 year olds can drive it having sat their CBT!

I am almost 16 and am desperate to drive, but don't want to drive a scooter.

https://encryptedtbn0.gstatic.com/im...rRTQx2qzOuUiqg

Posted from TSR Mobile
    How about this:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/newsbeat/20451602

19 Jan, not too long.

ReputationRep:
    I live in the states and can drive while it is nice. I have to do so much more for my parents now i want to cry sometimes.

ReputationRep:
    Looks nice, but a bit expensive for 30mph :P

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by maselg2)
    I live in the states and can drive while it is nice. I have to do so much more for my parents now i want to cry sometimes.
    I will take it upon myself to be the family's personal chauffeur when I learn to drive XD

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Haha, I'd take anything to get around but would prefer not to use a scooter as I'm too much of a 'speed freak', and I'd probably injure myself XD

Posted from TSR Mobile
    If you say youre a speed freak.. i dont think your ready for the roads to be honest :\

ReputationRep:
    Not really, I'm a safe person just love roller coasters and stuff haha

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    The problem here is, you don't drive a bike, you ride it

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    That must be so exciting.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ice Constricter)
    Better than nothing:P

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ice Constricter)
    Nerve-shredding terror tbh.

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.