Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Girls: No DIY 2013! watch

ReputationRep:
    I'm in a long distance relationship so don't get to see my boyfriend much aside from when we're at home from uni... Without masterbating I think I'd go insane

Nothing wrong with pleasuring yourself and exploring your own body... It's certainly not 'gross' as you put it - it's bloody fun And it's not selfish - we all have sexual drives & desires and your partner can't alway be around to satisfy them.

Also, masterbating in front of each other is a really fun alternative foreplay

Edit:
    I also want to add more about my opinion that masterbating is NOT selfish...
    Surely it would only be selfish if somebody did it in place of being with their partner? If somebody did that, then they'd be denying letting their partner give/receive pleasure, so yes then it would be selfish... But that's not what people do. Masterbation is just a nice little addition into a persons sex life.
    In some cases it can actually help to improve sex life with your partner too, for example like I said before the mutual self-masterbation is really fun and something different to do than normal. Also, when first starting off sexually it allows you to explore your own body, get comfortable with yourself sexually and learn what feels good for you (which can then be talked about with partner - increasing their confidence when giving pleasure) - this can also still be true even when you've been with your partner for a while. Masterbation can sometimes also increase libido and sexual desire for your partner - in some cases at least (like mine ) where although masterbations fun, it's never as good as being with your partner.
    Also, it's not selfish because a lot of guys find the idea of a girl masterbating hot, and probably get off on it (my boyfriend does when I talk to him about my masterbating )... It's a win win situation...

Another Edit:
    What do you think about those in long distance relationships? Hardly selfish is masterbate then, especially when it's over webcam to one another.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PINKFLEUR)
    Im in too!x
    Congratulations . Welcome on board.

For you and the other girls doing this, out of interest are you currently single or do you have a BF?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EmmaBurton)
    If a person masturbates, they bring pleasure to themselves, and nobody else. That's selfish. If they give the person they love a hand job, that's an act of giving, which is unselfish. I want to give sexual pleasure to my BF, and I want any pleasure I receive to come from him and not from my own hands, or some piece or latex from China.
    I wonder if your opinion will change should you ever break up with boyfriend, consequently losing your only source of sexual pleasure. I wonder...

ReputationRep:
    If a person masturbates, they bring pleasure to themselves, and nobody else. That's selfish. If they give the person they love a hand job, that's an act of giving, which is unselfish. I want to give sexual pleasure to my BF, and I want any pleasure I receive to come from him and not from my own hands, or some piece or latex from China.
    I wouldn't call pleasuring yourself selfish. Cause while we're at it, eating to satisfy an intense hunger is also selfish. But I'd say wanting someone to pleasure you and not wanting to pleasure them back is.

Anyway, this still doesn't explain why you find it gross.

ReputationRep:
    Congratulations . Welcome on board.

For you and the other girls doing this, out of interest are you currently single or do you have a BF?
    Single since yesterday.

why is this information relevant?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Charcharx)
    No way am I doing this, im enjoying my Christmas present to myself far to much Bzzzzzzzz
    Haha I always thought girls who use the dildo constantly have **** sex lifes because no guys penis is as big as a ****ing dildo. Enjoy strecthing your vagina.....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PINKFLEUR)
    Single since yesterday.

why is this information relevant?
    I wondered whether the people joining this and the guys' threads mostly have partners or are single. I hope you're OK about the break-up and that you get something positive from our fun challenge

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chriscao)
    Haha I always thought girls who use the dildo constantly have **** sex lifes because no guys penis is as big as a fckign dildo. Enjoy strecthing your vagina.....
    1. Its a vibrator not a dildo
    2. The one I was refering to is a bullet so is tiny
    3. I have a fantastic sex life thank you very much, im just very highly strung

Try harder next time

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheMagicRat)
    I wonder if your opinion will change should you ever break up with boyfriend, consequently losing your only source of sexual pleasure. I wonder...
    I'd probably hook up with one of the guys who've signed up to the no-fapping thread. They'd be in need of a girlfriend as much as I would of a new man

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pen Island)
    What do you think about those in long distance relationships? Hardly selfish is masterbate then, especially when it's over webcam to one another.
    I have the same view as the guys on the no-fapping thread, namely that I think renouncing masturbation is mostly about achieving an enhanced degree of self discipline and diverting energy into things other than self pleasure. So if a person is in a LDR, male or female, I think when they're away from their partner they should cross their legs and think of something else.

I know you said you're in a LDR yourself so this isn't what you want to hear, but you would NOT go insane if you stopped masturbating. There are guys on the other thread that are going to go without, because they're single and are now no longer masturbating. There's even one guy who has been going without since 2010 I think. You can do it! If you choose not to, that's just being weak and selfish IMO.

ReputationRep:
    I honestly thought this was going to be a thread about not putting shelves up and stuff :indiff:

ReputationRep:
    Doing something for yourself doesn't = being selfish you nutter :lolwut:

Most people I'm sure would prefer to have sexual fun with their partner (referring to those in relationships) but that isn't always possible, and so masturbate .. I.e. I do it if I'm not seeing my bf that day for example.

ReputationRep:
    I'd probably hook up with one of the guys who've signed up to the no-fapping thread. They'd be in need of a girlfriend as much as I would of a new man
    Well, that's a solid basis for a relationship.

ReputationRep:
    Yes and they're trying to make out it's because they're too sensible, not trying to prove anything etc. in truth it's because they enjoy it too much and are too weak to give up
    Says you who gets to have sex every day with her boyfriend. I'd like to see you try giving that up...

My boyfriend is currently abroad for 3 months. So no, I will not be giving up masturbating ta v much. Although I still did it when he was here, and we had a very good sex life ta very much, the two are very much unrelated.

ReputationRep:
    I have the same view as the guys on the no-fapping thread, namely that I think renouncing masturbation is mostly about achieving an enhanced degree of self discipline and diverting energy into things other than self pleasure. So if a person is in a LDR, male or female, I think when they're away from their partner they should cross their legs and think of something else.

I know you said you're in a LDR yourself so this isn't what you want to hear, but you would NOT go insane if you stopped masturbating. There are guys on the other thread that are going to go without, because they're single and are now no longer masturbating. There's even one guy who has been going without since 2010 I think. You can do it! If you choose not to, that's just being weak and selfish IMO.
    It's not like all I do is masterbate though; I have a busy life - a lot of time spent on uni work, doing hobbies and meeting up with friends. Masterbation is great form of stress relief
    I probably only masterbate ~1/2 times a week when me and my boyfriend are apart, and don't really bother when we're at home for the holidays. I'm not being 'weak' by giving in - I'm being human. Sex is an instinctive need, like thirst and hunger. And selfish? No, no it's not... Like I said in my other post, it's not like I choose to do it rather than be with my boyfriend, and when we're apart I only do it when we're both doing it on webcam - so we can share the experience. Knowing I'm pleasuring myself is a real turn on for my boyfriend, and same with him for me - watching each other do it is basically us having sex when we're apart. Sharing the experience, doing something together & both getting pleasure from it.

Edit:
    Also, being selfish is more putting your needs above others. Masterbating doesn't do any harm or take anything away from anyone else. Just because you do something for yourself doesn't mean your putting your needs above anybody elses. Saying that those who "give in" to masterbating are selfish is ridiculous. Whether someones single or in a relationship, there's nothing wrong with them pleasuring themself. It would only be selfish if they decide to masterbate rather than do sexual activities with their partner (which really Im pretty such most people wouldn't do).

ReputationRep:
    Come on, girls. Wouldn't you rather let me suck on your hot, throbbing clit? Don't you just want to ***?

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zhy)
    Come on, girls. Wouldn't you rather let me suck on your hot, throbbing clit? Don't you just want to ***?

That is disgusting, its incredibly vulgar

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cephalus)
    That is disgusting, its incredibly vulgar
    Report it, then :gfight:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dagnabbit)
    Report it, then :gfight:
    :ahee:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zhy)

yum

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.