Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Should I ask my instructor this? Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Should I ask my instructor to pull aside an hour in my 2 hour lessons to practice specific maneuvers and my parking close to a kerb. We usually try and do maneuvers at mid intervals of our lessons together but now that he's telling me to book my test it's difficult to cram it all in. I've never practiced pulling up next to a kerb, rarely would I do it and if I did it wrong he said I should forget it we can do it another time, it's easy. But I'd like to practise it for a solid 30-60 minutes so I know how to do it perfectly without hitting the kerb for my test.

Is this selfish?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TCGTi)
    Should I ask my instructor to pull aside an hour in my 2 hour lessons to practice specific maneuvers and my parking close to a kerb. We usually try and do maneuvers at mid intervals of our lessons together but now that he's telling me to book my test it's difficult to cram it all in. I've never practiced pulling up next to a kerb, rarely would I do it and if I did it wrong he said I should forget it we can do it another time, it's easy. But I'd like to practise it for a solid 30-60 minutes so I know how to do it perfectly without hitting the kerb for my test.

Is this selfish?
    You're paying for the lessons - tell your instructor what you expect from him. Lessons are usually tailored to the student. I am sure that he would be more than happy to review the way you practise maneuvers.

ReputationRep:
    I'd ask. You are the student, so I am sure the instructor will be happy to help. Tell them that you are worried about manoeuvres and want to spend more time on them. As you are paying, I doubt you'll get any objections! At the end of the day they want you to pass, and if they have said to book your test they must think you're ready for it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by InnerTemple)
    You're paying for the lessons - tell your instructor what you expect from him. Lessons are usually tailored to the student. I am sure that he would be more than happy to review the way you practise maneuvers.
    Aye. He says I'm ready but I'm not too sure...

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lizk123)
    I'd ask. You are the student, so I am sure the instructor will be happy to help. Tell them that you are worried about manoeuvres and want to spend more time on them. As you are paying, I doubt you'll get any objections! At the end of the day they want you to pass, and if they have said to book your test they must think you're ready for it.
    Yeah definitely, just some bits and bobs that need fixing.

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.