Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Ladies: Do you like facial hair? Watch

• View Poll Results: Do you like facial hair? (of some level)
    Yes
    69.77%
    No
    27.91%
    Don't care
    2.33%

ReputationRep:
    I'm not sure whether to grow much facial hair or not. Since I can't see it, the only thing that really matters is what I look like to others, and I'm more interested in what girls think of it than guys.

(Guys, please feel free to answer as well, by the way.)

So what facial hair do you like, or find attractive?
    Moustaches look kinda weird to me, and in the movies and history books guys with moustaches are always evil.

Thanks.

ReputationRep:
    This sort of facial hair is hot as. :coma:
    Attached Images

ReputationRep:
    I think the most widely liked facial hair is short, maintained stubble, with possibly slightly longer stubble around the mouth and chin. Most girls (in my experience) aren't altogether keen on full on beards / moustaches. Stubble has a habit of enhancing features of the face (jaw line, cheekbones etc). Anything past that usually detracts and just draws your attention to the facial hair rather than the face.

Some people suit more, some people suit less, but I think the preferred look is either stubble or clean shaven.

ReputationRep:
    I tend to find guys with no facial hair more attractive. I mean, I don't mind guys with five o' clock shadows but I never get attracted to guys with thick beards or moustaches. However my bf grew a long moustache for movember (not too thick though) and I found it really sexy but it's the exception that proves the rule :rolleyes:.

ReputationRep:
    stubble :coma:

ReputationRep:
    Stubble is hot if you can pull it off, like Adrian Grenier in the Devil Wears Prada, or Lee Pace in the latest twilight movie (yes, I googled him)

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Colpejafort)
    I tend to find guys with no facial hair more attractive. I mean, I don't mind guys with five o' clock shadows but I never get attracted to guys with thick beards or moustaches. However my bf grew a long moustache for movember (not too thick though) and I found it really sexy but it's the exception that proves the rule :rolleyes:.
    But surely you wouldn't turn Tobuscus down?

• TSR Support Team
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    inb4 you think I'm a female.

I always keep it clean shaven, sometimes girls say I look younger without facial hair.

ReputationRep:
    Stubble is alright but it depends on you face shape. Also if you have a girlfriend or plan on pulling you've got to consider stubble rashes the girl can receive

ReputationRep:
    Yes. Huge turn on if grown properly.

ReputationRep:
    I guess it depends what kind of guy it's on.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by onesoulfortwo)
    This sort of facial hair is hot as. :coma:
    This :love: would rep if I could.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CarryOn123)
    Stubble is alright but it depends on you face shape. Also if you have a girlfriend or plan on pulling you've got to consider stubble rashes the girl can receive
    Lol

http://www.dailyglow.com/personal-ca...rn-you-up.html

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TwilightKnight)
    I think the most widely liked facial hair is short, maintained stubble, with possibly slightly longer stubble around the mouth and chin. Most girls (in my experience) aren't altogether keen on full on beards / moustaches. Stubble has a habit of enhancing features of the face (jaw line, cheekbones etc). Anything past that usually detracts and just draws your attention to the facial hair rather than the face.

Some people suit more, some people suit less, but I think the preferred look is either stubble or clean shaven.
    That's good reasoning. I haven't really thought much about it before, but I do agree that short stubble enhances the jawline, which would be why I personally do think guys with that sort of facial hair look better.

I might even leave my stubble as it is just so that I can continue to feel my hair, as bizarre as that might sound. Rubbing my current stubble, particularly in the moustache area, is highly addictive. It hasn't ever got boring. :rolleyes:

Thanks for the answers so far - the guy on the left in the post with the pictures looks most attractive to me (though I'm not gay/bi, so hey what do I know).

The first line of that answer looks good, but she has no sources so her claims are questionable, and the nature of her advice (qualifications + location) are enough to make me suspect le quack. (Yeah, I know it's not medicine but still)
    Though, if research has shown that, then I guess it is an advantage regardless. The 14 people who have voted in the poll make it clear that in this small sample group one answer is very popular.

ReputationRep:
    Ahah I've seen this before! I think I tried to get my boyfriend to read this when his stubble kept flaring up my dermatitis but then he said he was too 'manly' for moisturiser so the stupid boy has to be clean shaven every time he sees me then complains that he misses his stubble/ beardy thing XD

ReputationRep:
    Yep. Short to medium length stubble is just :coma: Not a massive fan of beards, though. Or mustaches, apart from during Movember.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Treeroy)
    That's good reasoning. I haven't really thought much about it before, but I do agree that short stubble enhances the jawline, which would be why I personally do think guys with that sort of facial hair look better.

I might even do it so that I can continue to feel my hair, as bizarre as that might sound. Rubbing my current stubble, particularly in the moustache area, is highly addictive. It hasn't ever got boring. :rolleyes:

Thanks for the answers so far - the guy on the left in the post with the pictures looks most attractive to me (though I'm not gay/bi, so hey what do I know).

I think you'll find a lot of girls like his sorta stubble :yep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CarryOn123)
    Ahah I've seen this before! I think I tried to get my boyfriend to read this when his stubble kept flaring up my dermatitis but then he said he was too 'manly' for moisturiser so the stupid boy has to be clean shaven every time he sees me then complains that he misses his stubble/ beardy thing XD
    LOL! Aw, that's so cute but funny

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Treeroy)

They're all the same person I think?

ReputationRep:
    Little bit of stubble can look nice

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.