The Student Room Group

French and Spanish at A-Level?

Scroll to see replies

Hi, I'm in Year 13 and I'm studying French at A2 level, whereas I completed Spanish A2 in Y12. Yes, I think that French is the harder of the two languages, but I found it quite easy to pick up seeing as I learnt Spanish for three years before it. I suppose it depends on which language you picked up first and how advanced your command of grammar is, really.
Hey, I am doing both, as well as English lit coincidently, and I would really advise it if you're similar to me in the sense that you actually enjoy learning languages. I find doing two is a great thing; they're probably on the same exam board, so it just makes you doubly confident with the format of the exam, which everyone knows is crucial these days. Plus, languages are such useful life skills, and it has been predicted that there will be languages scholarships offered by unis in the future to save them from having to shut down language faculties as languages aren't too popular these days. Go for it

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 22
Thanks! Also does anyone have any ideas about what work experience I'd be able to do relating to languages?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by AbiNoisette
Thanks! Also does anyone have any ideas about what work experience I'd be able to do relating to languages?

Posted from TSR Mobile

There's a company called Halsbury which do a lot of work experience in Spain, Italy, France and Germany. In fact, I'm going to Santander with them in February half term :-)
Reply 24
That sounds great! Ive looked at similar things but haven't come across a suitable one, is there an age limit?(I'm 16)

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending