Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Im not sure how to go about doing the results.
    Im writing in a format of what is expected to happen, so how do i put down the results ? do i make them up / predict the results of what im using in my statistical test and what the p value will be?

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

If you're writing a research proposal you won't need to write the results. You'll need the introduction section, with background reading and hypotheses, and the methods and procedures sections (participants, design, measures, procedure, etc), but instead of actually writing a Results section you might want to use a 'Proposed Analysis of Data' section.

So in the proposed analysis of data section, you would be able to write how you intend to analysis your results and what methods you will be using. E.g. 'Once the data is collected, descriptive statistics will be obtained, including... [mean, standard deviation, etc]', and then e.g. you might further write that correlations and multiple regression analyses will be computed using SPSS, and stating the variables, for example. This is obviously just an example, but can be changed to be relevant for the type of analysis you would be using.

You might also want to re-state your hypotheses there, and state that hypotheses will be tested at the 0.05 level of significance, for example.

I hope this helps a bit.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Liv1204)
    Hi,

If you're writing a research proposal you won't need to write the results. You'll need the introduction section, with background reading and hypotheses, and the methods and procedures sections (participants, design, measures, procedure, etc), but instead of actually writing a Results section you might want to use a 'Proposed Analysis of Data' section.

So in the proposed analysis of data section, you would be able to write how you intend to analysis your results and what methods you will be using. E.g. 'Once the data is collected, descriptive statistics will be obtained, including... [mean, standard deviation, etc]', and then e.g. you might further write that correlations and multiple regression analyses will be computed using SPSS, and stating the variables, for example. This is obviously just an example, but can be changed to be relevant for the type of analysis you would be using.

You might also want to re-state your hypotheses there, and state that hypotheses will be tested at the 0.05 level of significance, for example.

I hope this helps a bit.
    Thanks your a life saver, this really helped me.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.