Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Ok so basically my question is, what is bath like and what are the students and people like. I ask this because I'm from Wales and haven't been before. Im looking at bath for my main option and have received an offer. I have been told though that it's very posh and that so are the people. So I'm just hoping someone can give me a better feel of what bath and the people are like.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Watkins2495)
    Ok so basically my question is, what is bath like and what are the students and people like. I ask this because I'm from Wales and haven't been before. Im looking at bath for my main option and have received an offer. I have been told though that it's very posh and that so are the people. So I'm just hoping someone can give me a better feel of what bath and the people are like.
    It's wonderful, I love it!

In my flat there are two who are really quite posh, and the other seven of us are various places on the scale below that. It's fine, it really is.

There isn't an Asda there is, however a Morrisons - but Asda do deliver to campus.

ReputationRep:
    The city is beautiful! The people I know who are/went there (including my late stepfather and someone from this year's University Challenge team) are all very nice and intelligent people. I'm sure you will have no problem fitting in I would have applied there if they did History!

ReputationRep:
    So are there many students from working class backgrounds/areas?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kittyb99)
    The city is beautiful! The people I know who are/went there (including my late stepfather and someone from this year's University Challenge team) are all very nice and intelligent people. I'm sure you will have no problem fitting in I would have applied there if they did History!
    Do you mean 'this years' as in the team who have just been televised, or the one which has just been selected?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RibenaRockstar)
    Do you mean 'this years' as in the team who have just been televised, or the one which has just been selected?
    One that's just been on the telly

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Watkins2495)
    So are there many students from working class backgrounds/areas?
    Hi, yes Bath is full of all sorts of different people from different backgrounds. I have met people from all over the world here too, it's a great place to go to uni!
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    Yeah it's really nice and really student friendly. You get people from all sorts of back grounds in uni, rich, poor, upper class, working class, different ethnicities, loads of international students. But everyone is really nice a friendly, at least in my experience anyway. The people that live in bath are really friendly as well, you always get the odd hello or good morning walking up and down bathwick hill and in town, which is something that just doesn't happen where i come from. The city looks amazng as well. It could do with a few extra night clubs, but the night life is still decent, and it's not too expensive. Private housing is a bit expensive but you can find good deals on nice places if you start looking early. Apart from that I would reccomend bath to anyone.

ReputationRep:
    Hey OP, thought I would link my reply to another thread I posted in which gives a nice break down of some positives about Bath.

You can find it here
    http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show...1#post41060460
    Post 78.

ReputationRep:
    Actually Bath has a substantially lower private school percentage than the likes of bristol, durham, london colleges - this whole posh thing is just because the city is soooooooo nice Seriously ignore it, at university there is all types of people.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.