Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jonnyb123)
    Do you have to do all this for GCSE now :eek:? I did the GCSE when I was in year 10 and got an A and we only ever learnt the perfect, present and easy future ("going to go" sort of thing), and then a tiny bit of actual future. Needless to say I didn't take it past GCSE (I'm in year 13 now)
    Unfortunately, if you want to obtain higher marks (thats what the teachers say anyway)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GoldGhost)
    Unfortunately, if you want to obtain higher marks (thats what the teachers say anyway)
    Wow, good luck!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jonnyb123)
    Wow, good luck!
    Thankyou, as French is least favourite (but compulsory) subject I will be needing some luck to hopefully do well.

ReputationRep:
    It could be "la piscine était remplacée". Passives are formed from ètre plus the past participle, and the past participle has to agree with the noun.

I don't know whether the "avec" is right. It might be "par" or something else entirely.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Octopus_Garden)
    It could be "la piscine était remplacée". Passives are formed from ètre plus the past participle, and the past participle has to agree with the noun.

I don't know whether the "avec" is right. It might be "par" or something else entirely.
    THANKYOU :borat:

ReputationRep:
    jonnyb123

Now, there's a question! I don't know how little knowledge of French you can get away with, and still do well, but the specification (and lessons) seem to cover those tenses and more. Modern Foreign Language GCSEs were over-hauled a few years ago, and the new specification came into effect in, erm, let's see... I think, the academic year 2010-2011. It is possible it's got harder. I honestly have no idea!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What time of year is the worst for students?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.