Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Girls, what are your impressions of Watch

• Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    If it was once in a while - no problem with it. If it was all the time, I wouldn't go near him.

ReputationRep:
    Ming!
    And wouldn't date someone that smokes it
    Posted from TSR Mobile
    • PS Helper
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by oj234)
    What if he smokes weed all day and whilst high, he is extremely productive?

:lolwut:

ReputationRep:
    I dated a guy who smoked weed all the time, couldn't go a day without it. In the end we broke up as it didn't feel like a great relationship - we couldn't go out for the day as he couldn't smoke weed in public, and he could never come to my house or meet my family as they're really not big on smoking/drugs. It's a shame - he was a lovely guy, really. But the dependency on drugs was just difficult and really unattractive.

After that experience I definitely wouldn't date someone addicted to weed again. But that was just my experience: if it was someone who only did it once or twice a month with friends or whatever I probably wouldn't have an issue. Their life.

ReputationRep:
    I think smoking weed every once in a while is attractive, thats just my opinion though. I'd much rather date a guy that smokes weed than drinks alot of alcohol...reason being that weed makes one calm while alcohol causes violence. I'd rather have a boyfriend who sleeps all the time than one who hits me or breaks stuff.
    I dont even know why weed is illegal and alcohol isn't. Alcohol is much more dangerous!! If you have witnessed a pub brawl then you'd know what I mean. I have alot of friends that do weed and I've never seen them do anything violent...all they do is laze around.
    The very worst though is when you do weed then get drunk......

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by neldee95)
    I think smoking weed every once in a while is attractive, thats just my opinion though. I'd much rather date a guy that smokes weed than drinks alot of alcohol...reason being that weed makes one calm while alcohol causes violence. I'd rather have a boyfriend who sleeps all the time than one who hits me or breaks stuff.
    I dont even know why weed is illegal and alcohol isn't. Alcohol is much more dangerous!! If you have witnessed a pub brawl then you'd know what I mean. I have alot of friends that do weed and I've never seen them do anything violent...all they do is laze around.
    The very worst though is when you do weed then get drunk......
    I think it's the stigma over weed being "illegal" that it somehow makes it worse than alcohol when the opposite is true.

Some people are easily brainwashed and are therefore disgusted with weed smokers, yet completely fine with drinkers :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by oj234)
    I think it's the stigma over weed being "illegal" that it somehow makes it worse than alcohol when the opposite is true.

Some people are easily brainwashed and are therefore disgusted with weed smokers, yet completely fine with drinkers :rolleyes:
    I agree!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by oj234)
    Considering alcohol is worse than weed, how do you react to people who consume alcohol?
    Well for starters weed is a B class drug and is therefore illegal, is alcohol? No it isn't. You have not spoken of the quantity of alcohol that makes it "worse" than weed.Incase you are unaware the maximum penalty for possession is 5 years in prison and for supplying the drug, 14 years.

If people wish to consume alcohol then I do not have an issue with that, if you want to break the law, potentially go to prison and suffer a variety of health problems, that's your choice and thus your problem. Yet I find it repulsive because of the fact that it is a criminal offence and it seems today that the effects of it are brushed off by todays society. The drug is not safe, do you know where it has come from? Where is has been made? Do you even actually know what is in it? The answer to these questions is NO, but with alcohol you know that it has been prouduced in sterile conditions and exactly what it contains. If you wish to consume a ridiculous amount then so be it, at least you know what it contains and the problems it causes.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.