Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

I'm getting to know someone at the moment. I've known him for about a week and have already been on 3 dates.

how soon is too soon basically?

will he think i'm easy if i was to sleep with him next time i see him

ReputationRep:
    Depends on the person. Maybe wait a little longer and then just take it gradually.

ReputationRep:
    Depends on how well you know him, how close you feel and how much you want to. There is no hard or fast rule, but I think 6-7 dates in is probably a good time to go for it, if you're ready. Personally, I've never had sex outside of a relationship so I would want a bit of an emotional investment before I did anything, but that's just me, and I'm well aware others are different. You've passed the three date stigma though so I think whenever you're ready just go for it

Edit: Just seen you've only known him for a week - up to you, but I would want to stick it out until I knew him a little better. Whether he will think you're easy or not, however, is anyone's guess.

(Original post by Sweet_Heart)
    Depends on how well you know him, how close you feel and how much you want to. There is no hard or fast rule, but I think 6-7 dates in is probably a good time to go for it, if you're ready. Personally, I've never had sex outside of a relationship so I would want a bit of an emotional investment before I did anything, but that's just me, and I'm well aware others are different. You've passed the three date stigma though so I think whenever you're ready just go for it
    well i think i know him well enough, i feel comfortable around him and i want to.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    well i think i know him well enough, i feel comfortable around him and i want to.
    Personally, I would be tempted to wait out the next date, but you know your situation better than I do! If you want to then you should!

ReputationRep:
    Too soon. You've only known him a week!

ReputationRep:
    Quite frankly, I'd consider doing it on the first date, if she was both beautiful and up for it. Otherwise, whenever we both felt like it was the right time.

ReputationRep:
    Personally I would think it's too soon, it would be different if you'd been friends for a good while beforehand but since you've only known him a week I would wait at least another 3 weeks until it's been a month. Though in the end it's up to you two and I obviously can't speak for him and say whether he'd think you were easy or not.

ReputationRep:
    Do it when you want to and feel like it's right to. Nobody else can tell you what that is.

*I* would wait, but that's because I don't think it's wise to sleep with someone you've only known a week. For all you know he could be some kind of weirdo murdering type.

ReputationRep:
    I usually wait for six months to a year.

Whenever you feel it's right

ReputationRep:
    If you want to, go for it.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    If you feel ready then go for it. It's not so much the time it is if you feel comfortable with the person and if you feel like you are then there is nothing wrong with doing it after a week or three months. If you both feel ready; have fun.

Year and a half - Never did it.

ReputationRep:
    For me it's 3 dates as a maximum I'd say otherwise it starts to get awkward..

ReputationRep:
    I usually use sex as an ice breaker.

You should enjoy getting to know each other first, and do it when the right moment comes.

It depends what you want if you want the guy to be your boyfriend then wait if you dont then do it. I made my boyfriend wait about 5 dates in just for a kiss but everybody takes it at their own pace

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 6, 2013
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.