Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I have sent out my application, got 5 conditional offers all for German even though I had bad As levels (DDD). I always had the thought in the back of my mind of whether or not this is what I want to do because I'm naturally not good at studying at haven't studied very much in the 7 years I've been at school. I am way behind already in my last year of school and don't think I will have good A2's anyway. I get the feeling I won't enjoy my university career at all and I won't do any of the work like I haven't in school.

Now I'm not so sure I want to go. I have no idea what I want to do with my degree - I don't want to be a teacher, translator or any other stereo typical job Language graduates do.

At the moment I work part-time in a shop and I really enjoy my job and have lots of friends in it and it seems a better option at the minute to take a year out and really decide what I went to do instead of going to university and not enjoying it at all and dropping out.

I don't know what to do. I kind of want to wait and hold on until results day before I make a brash decision. Maybe I just need a year out, I just feel done with education. If I did hold on, got the grades to get in etc, am I likely to get a deferred place if I asked?

Any advice on what I should do would be appreciated

ReputationRep:
    The reason why nobody has replied to your post is because the answer is obvious.

"I don't want to go to university."
    "Okay, then don't."

... really?

Take a gap year. You'll get some valuable life experience, provided you work hard at your part time job.

ReputationRep:
    If you don't want to go, then don't, but the answer to the following question....
    (Original post by Lb32)
    If I did hold on, got the grades to get in etc, am I likely to get a deferred place if I asked?
    ....is yes.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.