Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

English & white - not good if you live in London Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    London> rest of UK

Now suck it up.

You are a human and so are other non white people.

ReputationRep:
    The reason lots of ethnic minorities live in London is economics. London is the financial heart of the UK and in order to maintain this status it attracts a lot of multinational corps and businesses that set up headquarters there and open branches such as retailers and fast food as well as tourists and media events such as the Olympics or movie premiers. These things require lots of people to work in a low skills services sector to provide and likewise these workers then require things like healthcare, housing, schools and whatnot.Natives willing to do unskilled labour in London are/were too few to cater for the demand and so the government allows a number of non skilled immigrants in each year to fill these slots, as well as skilled immigrants such as doctors or engineers to do the same for those professions that also lacked a native employment/skills pool sufficient enough to meet the requirements of this immigrant enhanced population.

If London wishes to remain a world leading city, this is the price that must be paid. This is the modern globally connected world that we live in and you'll find all major cities in the world will have an ethnically diverse population with low skilled labourers making up the majority, its just maths. The only way this would change is by adopting a position of economic isolation which would lead to higher tax rates to make up the loss of capital and this would then force multinational corps to move elsewhere and take their money with them in order to stay competitve. As a result standards of living across the UK would decrease.

So either accept the situation or be happy to live a harder life with less disposable income and free government services like healthcare. The convenience of modern day living is precisely because of the current economic model. Basically if the UK were to stop letting in immigrants, it would slowly become a 3rd world country. And it is no surprise that third world countries don't tend to attract too many immigrants.

ReputationRep:
    There's not really all that much we can do except from buy a caravan move into a mountainous region of the uk, watch NASCAR and drink until you pass out.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jem12)
    You said you are anglo-indian here:
    http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show...=#post43867601

You mean you wish I was but I bet you're Indian !

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by a123a)
    About what? I said China is not worse than India, so I'm biased as I'm Indian?:confused:
    You are Indian :

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show...=#post45060480

ReputationRep:

No I'm NOT and you know it, Are you an ignoramus ?
    . I am 100% Chinese and proud of it

I was asking for clarification to of his race because perhaps like you he was an Indian and trying to hide it.

You sound very desperate pushing everyone to be Indian just because you are self ashamed of it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zenomorph)

No I'm NOT and you know it, Are you an ignoramus ?
    . I am 100% Chinese and proud of it

I was asking for clarification to of his race because perhaps like you he was an Indian and trying to hide it.

You sound very desperate pushing everyone to be Indian just because you are self ashamed of it
    Wtf r u on?! I know I'm not ashamed of being an Indian. How am I pushing other people to be Indian?! And how is that evidence of me being ashamed? Your argument has no logic; making fake arguments to trick yourself into thinking you're winning won't work with me...sorry.

It actually hurts me to communicate with you, so stop quoting me. I haven't got time for someone, who doesn't even know me, to tell me that I'm ashamed of my background.

Let this be the end of the argument.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by a123a)
    Wtf r u on?! I know I'm not ashamed of being an Indian. How am I pushing other people to be Indian?! And how is that evidence of me being ashamed? Your argument has no logic; making fake arguments to trick yourself into thinking you're winning won't work with me...sorry.

It actually hurts me to communicate with you, so stop quoting me. I haven't got time for someone, who doesn't even know me, to tell me that I'm ashamed of my background.

Let this be the end of the argument.

LOL, that's all I got to say to you.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    Here is a website that might be a little bit more your speed.

http://www.stormfront.org/forum/

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.