Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I realised recently that I'm not very affectionate after sex, and I wondered if that was weird.

I have a friend with benefits and he usually reaches over for me after sex to hold my hand etc, and I don't resist but I've realised I'm not particularly responsive either. Is this normal?

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

ReputationRep:
    It's not weird when it's a friends with benefits sex relationship.

It's not even weird when it's a loving relationship to be honest - each to their own.
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Welcome Squad
    I'm always quite affectionate after - but, everyone's different I suppose I wouldn't worry about it unless it's a problem for your FWB.

ReputationRep:
    Well if you're only fwb then it makes sense not to want to be all affectionate afterwards, imo anyway. I certainly wouldn't say that it's not normal.

ReputationRep:
    It's probably because you're not in love with him; once the sex has happened then that's it, fun over.

ReputationRep:
    It's normal. I'm not either and I'm in a relationship.

ReputationRep:
    You can already foresee that he's gonna get hurt. Remind him it's FwB and that there's no hand-holding or cuddling, and that if he's looking for that, he needs to find someone else for a relationship instead.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RichyFrench)
    You can already foresee that he's gonna get hurt. Remind him it's FwB and that there's no hand-holding or cuddling, and that if he's looking for that, he needs to find someone else for a relationship instead.
    This!

I personally love cuddling after sex, and affection. Unfortunately most guys dont.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I personally love cuddling after sex, and affection. Unfortunately most guys dont.
    Awww!

I love to cuddle, too, in general though.

ReputationRep:
    It may be part of his sex experience, like the cigarette after. Doesn't necessarily mean he is overly attached to OP.

ReputationRep:
    I think it's just because he's used to having girlfriends so he's used to having that intimacy after sex; he's also what you would call a gentleman. He's not looking for a relationship.

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

ReputationRep:
    I don't think it's normal to be affectionate after sex with a stranger or fwb. Affection is saved for people I care about or have romantic feelings towards.

ReputationRep:
    Never had a fwb relationship. But presume there needs to be some form of rapport for it to be worthwhile.. Consequently wouldn't rule out affection.. But agree there could a hidden agenda and risk of getting hurt.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 6, 2013
Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.