Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I realised recently that I'm not very affectionate after sex, and I wondered if that was weird.

I have a friend with benefits and he usually reaches over for me after sex to hold my hand etc, and I don't resist but I've realised I'm not particularly responsive either. Is this normal?

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

ReputationRep:
    It's not weird when it's a friends with benefits sex relationship.

It's not even weird when it's a loving relationship to be honest - each to their own.
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    I'm always quite affectionate after - but, everyone's different I suppose I wouldn't worry about it unless it's a problem for your FWB.

ReputationRep:
    Well if you're only fwb then it makes sense not to want to be all affectionate afterwards, imo anyway. I certainly wouldn't say that it's not normal.

ReputationRep:
    It's probably because you're not in love with him; once the sex has happened then that's it, fun over.

ReputationRep:
    It's normal. I'm not either and I'm in a relationship.

ReputationRep:
    You can already foresee that he's gonna get hurt. Remind him it's FwB and that there's no hand-holding or cuddling, and that if he's looking for that, he needs to find someone else for a relationship instead.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RichyFrench)
    You can already foresee that he's gonna get hurt. Remind him it's FwB and that there's no hand-holding or cuddling, and that if he's looking for that, he needs to find someone else for a relationship instead.
    This!

I personally love cuddling after sex, and affection. Unfortunately most guys dont.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I personally love cuddling after sex, and affection. Unfortunately most guys dont.
    Awww!

I love to cuddle, too, in general though.

ReputationRep:
    It may be part of his sex experience, like the cigarette after. Doesn't necessarily mean he is overly attached to OP.

ReputationRep:
    I think it's just because he's used to having girlfriends so he's used to having that intimacy after sex; he's also what you would call a gentleman. He's not looking for a relationship.

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

ReputationRep:
    I don't think it's normal to be affectionate after sex with a stranger or fwb. Affection is saved for people I care about or have romantic feelings towards.

ReputationRep:
    Never had a fwb relationship. But presume there needs to be some form of rapport for it to be worthwhile.. Consequently wouldn't rule out affection.. But agree there could a hidden agenda and risk of getting hurt.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 6, 2013
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.