Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

how to tell if he just wants to get into your pants Watch

ReputationRep:
    I think he's interested if he's happy for you to spend time with his family and friends.

ReputationRep:
    OP there are guys who act like Mr Prince Charming just to get in a girl's pants. Don't fall for it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Treeroy)
    So? I said a norm is an average, you agreed, and you said it is ludicrous to come up with a norm for this because this isn't about averages. You can't have it both ways, I'm afraid. You either agree that we're talking about averages or not.
    We're not. Norm means more than average, but it does mean it, so when you said it means that, I couldn't have said no.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Last Chance)
    He would try to get into your pants early into the relationship.
    surely you can be both horny and caring? I don't get how people think they are mutually exclusive...

ReputationRep:
    I don't have anything against casual sex, including sex before commitment, but I really do think that you cannot partake in the above and then get angry when the person in question doesn't want anything more. As a mature, responsible adult, you have casual sex knowing and accepting that this could be the last you see and hear of them. If they haven't made any verbal commitment, it is stupid for you to expect them to stick around and if you know that you would get upset if you never heard from them again then it is not exactly rocket science that the best thing to do would be to hold off unless they make some sort of commitment. The thing is though, is that so many women are too afraid to say 'Let's wait a bit before we have sex' because they think that the man will lose interest and look elsewhere. If he does that, you clearly just aren't sexually compatible and therefore aren't compatible overall. Another thing a lot of women fail to realise is that they are equally capable of using men for sex.

Bottom line is that if you have casual sex, don't get pissed off when you're treated as nothing but casual.

He would talk about sex alot he would make alot of sexual innendos he would probably ask you round to his fairly on. Also (from experience) there talk to you show an interest in you if they think there getting sex but when they dont they dont care, there unintrested in what you say etc.

(Original post by jnkesd)
        Hate to burst your bubble OP but that is what all straight guys want. Within a relationship there isn't anything more than making babies, that is the peak of every relationship, some women want abstract unattainable things such as love but realists can skip all that and get down to business (preferably with protection), which is what a relationship is all about.
        thats a very sad outlook on relationships relationships are not all about sex

ReputationRep:
        (Original post by Tabzqt)
        surely you can be both horny and caring? I don't get how people think they are mutually exclusive...
        Seconded. Some girls seem to consider sex as a necessary burden to having a relationship..

ReputationRep:
        (Original post by jnkesd)
        Hate to burst your bubble OP but that is what all straight guys want. Within a relationship there isn't anything more than making babies, that is the peak of every relationship, some women want abstract unattainable things such as love but realists can skip all that and get down to business (preferably with protection), which is what a relationship is all about.
        Maybe that's what you want, don't speak for "all straight guys". My friend's been going out with her boyfriend for a year now and they haven't had sex.

ReputationRep:
        (Original post by Peaches & Cream)
        Maybe that's what you want, don't speak for "all straight guys". My friend's been going out with her boyfriend for a year now and they haven't had sex.
        Not with her maybe - but I bet he's had sex in the last year. :yep:

ReputationRep:
        (Original post by SillyMilly)
        Yes they are. Why do you think we put up with all the nonsense in a relationship, to get to the tunnel at the end of the light. We enter into relationships because we have a need to reproduce and of course that makes us want sex all the time. Immortality is what drives the whole thing but sex is the ultimate goal.

ReputationRep:
        Maybe he's gay?

ReputationRep:
        (Original post by SillyMilly)
        It's not?

Most guys are not just after sex. Problem is, the guys most girls are attracted to are those that are only interested in sex.

You can usually tell, it's the guys that go on a charm offensive.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
        Is he male? If so, > Yes he does.

I should make a flowchart.

ReputationRep:
        If he keeps on ogling your body and acting agitated.

ReputationRep:
        Op just have sex with him and then see where it goes from there! Might as well have fun instead of questioning his intentions!

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

ReputationRep:
        Catholics will be Catholics.

The guy who said it's what all straight guys want is, technically speaking, correct. We couldn't have evolved as a species any other way. Our brains are programmed to want to have sex with hot girls, and the things we do in a relationship are all done - sub-consciously, of course - to raise the chance of us having sex.

I'm afraid you can't fight nature forever, and have to accept that it is how we are designed.

ReputationRep:
        I was going out with a girl once just to get into her pants.

She caught me and made me take them off.

ReputationRep:
        I think it is use your instinct, it will usually be correct, plus weigh up how 'up for it' you feel...
        • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
        (Original post by Anonymous)
        lol thanks for the replies

what if he is constantly messaging and he has already introduced you to his best friend?
        If he is introducing you to important people in his life its likely he is interested and after their approval. At least thats what my intention was when the girl i like met my best friend. I don't think you should reach much into it if he talks to you a lot, theres a few girls i talk to all the time but we're just good friends who like talking to each other. If he wants to get to know you again, thats probably a good sign

Submit reply
      TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 8, 2013
    • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
      Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
      Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.