Turn on thread page Beta

How would you try and attract the attention of a guy/girl you liked? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Would you flirt or just give them signs you like them, like eye contact etc etc

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aaron9890)
    Would you flirt or just give them signs you like them, like eye contact etc etc
    both

ReputationRep:
    I normally go for the lurching from one disaster to another method.

But er usually I just try to give signs as I'm painfully bad with flirting and I'm quite shy too.

ReputationRep:
    I sniff their hair and shout "YUMMY!".

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The_Last_Melon)
    I sniff their hair and shout "YUMMY!".
    never tried that method myself, must give it a try..

ReputationRep:
    Me? ..im quite shy..so id probs be starin at the guy..=-O...:-D..

ReputationRep:
    Probably just wait until they do something and then respond favourably. As a girl I appear to get away with this tactic regularly enough, and I'm too self-conscious to deliberately set out to flirt. One thing that also sometimes works is any form of physical contact, be it a hug or a 'stand-still-eyelash-on-your-cheek' kinda interaction with a bit of 'your-eyes-are-an-interesting-colour' if the timing feels right. Did you mean in a group situation or just two people?

ReputationRep:
    I'd pull her hair, push her about and call her names.

My mom always told me people who do that only do it because they like you.

ReputationRep:
    I really, really hate sounding clichéd but you ought to just be yourself, just... you showing that you like him/her He's/she's another human being and will most probably be flattered by you talking to them, giving eye contact, genuine compliments (not too many though, no-one likes a sycophant) and arranging to go for a drink or something. I used to be incredibly shy until I met my current boyfriend (ironically, as I don't actually need my new-found confidence for pulling-purposes) - now I've come to realise that fear of things like this shouldn't stop you from getting what you want Good luck!

ReputationRep:
    peacocking

ReputationRep:
    Joke, tease them. Try and spend time with them.

ReputationRep:
    I find wearing bright colour clothing and an eye patch usually works for me. If peacocking doesn't work I find throwing her a neg or two like "you look fat in that dress, but girl that is a nice dress, it would look good on a slim version of you" always works.

ReputationRep:
    With an Elk-like mating call.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 6, 2013
Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.