Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi all!

Thanks for having a read.

I'm an independent student so am doing exams by myself and I need a bit of help with my unit 3 exam. I'm doing the criminal law exam and I was just wondering if anyone had any tips on how to write an essay? I'm probably gonna do any of the causation, homicide or police powers questions that come up. If you've got any revision materials that you could send me I'd appreciate it!

Also has anyone got any hints from their teachers on what they think is gonna come up?

ReputationRep:
    Bump!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Part A is always problem questions, part B is more often than not AS stuff that you can answer as usual.

For part A the best thing to do is take your time reading the question, circle the relevant problems and simply work through them one by one in your essay. Just do it in the order that it arises in the question.
    Police powers pretty much always comes up, so it's a pretty safe bet. To be sure, study 3 topics in depth, but PP is a nice one because you're literally just learning PACE off by heart and applying it.

Remember that the weighting of this exam is different - it's not 50% of your second year (unless it's changed since 2011/12)

I'd definitely recommend the WJEC A2 Law Criminal Law and Justice Study and Revision Guide for this year. It's pretty much the only thing I used and I did fine.

ETA: Quoting you, so you actually know someone replied :P

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cania)
    Part A is always problem questions, part B is more often than not AS stuff that you can answer as usual.

For part A the best thing to do is take your time reading the question, circle the relevant problems and simply work through them one by one in your essay. Just do it in the order that it arises in the question.
    Police powers pretty much always comes up, so it's a pretty safe bet. To be sure, study 3 topics in depth, but PP is a nice one because you're literally just learning PACE off by heart and applying it.

Remember that the weighting of this exam is different - it's not 50% of your second year (unless it's changed since 2011/12)

I'd definitely recommend the WJEC A2 Law Criminal Law and Justice Study and Revision Guide for this year. It's pretty much the only thing I used and I did fine.

ETA: Quoting you, so you actually know someone replied :P
    Thankyou so much!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.