I need some advice, pronto. I missed the 6:00pm deadline for submitting my application to do a PGDE in Scotland through the GGTR by a couple of hours, owing to the fact that my principal referee did not respond in time. I rang the Senior Admissions Assistant the following day to explain, but they were rather unsympathetic. When I enquired again last week, I received the following email.
Your application was not received at GTTR until after the 6th December deadline and is therefore classed as Late. At present we have allocated all our interview spaces and we may not have to consider any late applications for 2013.
We are currently awaiting confirmation of our intake figure for 2013 and as soon as we have that a decision will be made on your application. You can of course withdraw it at any time from Edinburgh and it will pass to your next choice.
Please let me know what you wish to do.
Should I just withdraw my application from their college and have it go to my second choice?
I am really unsure what to do. A month has passed since the deadline, so surely if my application was passed on to my second choice it would be classified as late too? Am I as well to leave it with my first choice? From the sounds of it it doesn't look as though I'll be called for an interview. Would I have a better chance with my second choice (Aberdeen)?
I would really appreciate some advice here.
But did you bother to watch?