Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I need some advice, pronto. I missed the 6:00pm deadline for submitting my application to do a PGDE in Scotland through the GGTR by a couple of hours, owing to the fact that my principal referee did not respond in time. I rang the Senior Admissions Assistant the following day to explain, but they were rather unsympathetic. When I enquired again last week, I received the following email.

Your application was not received at GTTR until after the 6th December deadline and is therefore classed as Late. At present we have allocated all our interview spaces and we may not have to consider any late applications for 2013.

We are currently awaiting confirmation of our intake figure for 2013 and as soon as we have that a decision will be made on your application. You can of course withdraw it at any time from Edinburgh and it will pass to your next choice.

Please let me know what you wish to do.

Should I just withdraw my application from their college and have it go to my second choice?

I am really unsure what to do. A month has passed since the deadline, so surely if my application was passed on to my second choice it would be classified as late too? Am I as well to leave it with my first choice? From the sounds of it it doesn't look as though I'll be called for an interview. Would I have a better chance with my second choice (Aberdeen)?

I would really appreciate some advice here.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.