Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Girlfriend says we're moving too fast but then seems confused. What do I do? Watch

ReputationRep:
    My girlfriend and I have been dating for around 3 weeks now. The thing is we are at university and so practically live together, in the same building and so we meet a lot. It's not like a relationship where we only see each other once in three days, and go home after that. So even though it's been only 3 weeks, it sort of feels like 3 months.
    We've obviously got physical and intimate as well.It progresses day by day and yesterday, we reached second base. She enjoyed it immensely and says I am great in bed but then said '**** we're moving way too fast' and then says 'that doesn't mean I didn't enjoy it', and 'I promised myself I wouldn't get carried away in the first month, but I'm obviously failing that miserably'. So there are a lot of conflicting statements which I don't really get. When she says we're taking it too fast, I say 'Okay I understand, let's take it slower next time' but then she initiates it and we end up going a step further the next time. And it's not like we have to force each other, it's very natural and passionate from both sides.

ReputationRep:
    well that sounds fine, and fun, well done

ReputationRep:
    My guess would be that she enjoys everything you two have been doing, but is worried that she's being too "easy" and feels she should be taking things slower.

Obviously, that's just a guess: I don't actually know the exact reason for your girlfriend's behaviour so the best thing you can do is just talk to her about it!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by huckingfell)
    My girlfriend and I have been dating for around 3 weeks now. The thing is we are at university and so practically live together, in the same building and so we meet a lot. It's not like a relationship where we only see each other once in three days, and go home after that. So even though it's been only 3 weeks, it sort of feels like 3 months.
    We've obviously got physical and intimate as well.It progresses day by day and yesterday, we reached second base. She enjoyed it immensely and says I am great in bed but then said '**** we're moving way too fast' and then says 'that doesn't mean I didn't enjoy it', and 'I promised myself I wouldn't get carried away in the first month, but I'm obviously failing that miserably'. So there are a lot of conflicting statements which I don't really get. When she says we're taking it too fast, I say 'Okay I understand, let's take it slower next time' but then she initiates it and we end up going a step further the next time. And it's not like we have to force each other, it's very natural and passionate from both sides.
    Oh, well to be honest second base isn't her being "easy" and it sounds like you have a lot of respect for her, in my opinion. Are you two connecting well? If she is initiating it, she obviously likes it, keep doing what you two are doing, your relationship sounds good.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Ask her if you can PIITB next time she 'initiates'. That'll slow her down for good.

ReputationRep:
    Just keep things open and honest. If it's going too fast for her then find a good balance which you both agree on.

Honesty is always the way forward.

Just keep using the words "are you sure you're ready" if you get anywhere near third or fourth. My ex was a virgin when I met her, and I let her take all the steps to go further - even tried to talk her out of sex to soon cause its supposed to be a big thing for girls, but she wanted it after a month. If you make sure its their decision and not yours, they can't regret it and blame you later.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 6, 2013
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.