Do uni's accept half an extended diploma BTEC with 2 A-Levels

Watch
This discussion is closed.
Happy_Smiles
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
Hi guys, so I'm currently doing a BTEC national extended diploma in applied forensic science and I've already done a psychology a-level, a as-level in law and a 6 unit BTEC in forensic science and before doing the extended BTEC diploma I had 120 UCAS points and I need about 100 more to get accepted into university. As I'm doing my third year in a-levels can I apply to uni this year with my the a levels I already got I have and the half an extended national diploma?? (The BTEC is a half because I'm still in my first year of it and I have still to do my second year to complete it)
jreid1994
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Happy_Smiles)
Hi guys, so I'm currently doing a BTEC national extended diploma in applied forensic science and I've already done a psychology a-level, a as-level in law and a 6 unit BTEC in forensic science and before doing the extended BTEC diploma I had 120 UCAS points and I need about 100 more to get accepted into university. As I'm doing my third year in a-levels can I apply to uni this year with my the a levels I already got I have and the half an extended national diploma?? (The BTEC is a half because I'm still in my first year of it and I have still to do my second year to complete it)
Okay firstly, for what course? Getting into university,is very easy if you just want to go to a random university course somewhere.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Happy_Smiles
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
(Original post by jreid1994)
Okay firstly, for what course? Getting into university,is very easy if you just want to go to a random university course somewhere.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Psychology (hoping for wolves uni)
Rossical
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Speak to your college tutors about doing just the BTEC National Award in applied forensic science instead of the entire diploma. I think the 6-unit BTEC in forensic science you've already done must be a National Award too? Because National Awards consist of 6 units too

I was in the same position as you a few years ago, I did my AS at college and then changed my mind and decided to go for a BTEC, i did just the first year of my 2 year BTEC (which gave me a BTEC National Award) and that combined with my AS levels was enough to get my into Uni.

If you receive a distinction for your national award it'll be worth another 120 UCAS points, that combined with your other BTEC results, A Level and AS should be plenty Good luck
oj234
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
That's like asking if a drug dealer accepts 10 pounds in one five pound note, and the rest in 2p coins.
Tish
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Lol why wolves there are better unis in West Mid.

Wolves is crap.

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
jreid1994
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by jreid1994)

Posted from TSR Mobile
I think you need a decent greed in A-level psychology (C and^) the other UCAS points it depends if they ask for grades or points

Posted from TSR Mobile
pastelhannahjane
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Rossical)
Speak to your college tutors about doing just the BTEC National Award in applied forensic science instead of the entire diploma. I think the 6-unit BTEC in forensic science you've already done must be a National Award too? Because National Awards consist of 6 units too

I was in the same position as you a few years ago, I did my AS at college and then changed my mind and decided to go for a BTEC, i did just the first year of my 2 year BTEC (which gave me a BTEC National Award) and that combined with my AS levels was enough to get my into Uni.

If you receive a distinction for your national award it'll be worth another 120 UCAS points, that combined with your other BTEC results, A Level and AS should be plenty Good luck
Hi, I have 3 AS levels and got BBC (140 UCAS), I am doing 1st year BTEC L3 Extended diploma in health and care and hoping to apply now. Is that what you did? (maybe not health but is it the same?) My uni say 240 to 270 UCAS points but doesnt say if qualifications can be combined :/
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (638)
33.47%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (805)
42.24%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (377)
19.78%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (86)
4.51%

Watched Threads