Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

What do you do 1 hour before the test? Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ± Dan ±)
    Yeah I went to three different test centers ..... every test I had was at 9am, even the ones which were cancelled due to bad weather etc .... I think an afternoon time is so much better, I guess it depends if your an early person or not.
    Yeah exactly. My instructor told me I should book it in the afternoon as it's too early for 9am.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TCGTi)
    Yeah exactly. My instructor told me I should book it in the afternoon as it's too early for 9am.
    Damn right it's too early, the roads are usually not too bad, but I feel driving in rush hour is so much easier, much slower paced and even if they try to route you away from the traffic, your still going to end up being stuck in it eventually .... I think the worst thing you can do before the test is sit there and worry really, you just need to be confident in yourself and know your going to pass, makes you feel so much better!

ReputationRep:
    smile it will be fine

ReputationRep:
    Damn right it's too early, the roads are usually not too bad, but I feel driving in rush hour is so much easier, much slower paced and even if they try to route you away from the traffic, your still going to end up being stuck in it eventually .... I think the worst thing you can do before the test is sit there and worry really, you just need to be confident in yourself and know your going to pass, makes you feel so much better!
    Yeah but you do need to finish the test route in around 30mins (they'd maybe allow up to an hour not too sure), if you don't finish the route then they refund your test and you have to book another one!

My test was at 2.20pm I think which was good as there was no school traffic actually there was barely anyone else on the roads

ReputationRep:
    Very true, confidence and having that mindset that I'll pass will make me much better!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aylish)
    smile it will be fine
    hahaha hope so!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by test_drive)
    Yeah but you do need to finish the test route in around 30mins (they'd maybe allow up to an hour not too sure), if you don't finish the route then they refund your test and you have to book another one!

My test was at 2.20pm I think which was good as there was no school traffic actually there was barely anyone else on the roads

Ahhhh that's true... that's not good. But I'll book it at a later time

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TCGTi)
    I don't really think there's anything I want to specifically do. How was your test? Anything hard on it? What was your maneuver.
    Same for me, I think going over something specifically would've made me worry about it too much on the test. It went really well, passed first time with 6 minors just last week although the examiner said a couple of things could've gone either way...like going through an amber light that I really should've stopped for! I got the emergency stop and bay park.

Good luck for your test

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TCGTi)
    First time? What did you have to do for the test? What was the hardest thing and your maneuver?
    Yes first time. My instructor was great

Can't remember the details of my test- it was about 4 years ago now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by katiek-)
    Same for me, I think going over something specifically would've made me worry about it too much on the test. It went really well, passed first time with 6 minors just last week although the examiner said a couple of things could've gone either way...like going through an amber light that I really should've stopped for! I got the emergency stop and bay park.

Good luck for your test
    Well done! I really hope I get the bay parking or parallel parking maneuver at the start of my test! Then it's just one emergency stop and driving for the rest of the test! Thanks for the support

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pawsies)
    Yes first time. My instructor was great

Can't remember the details of my test- it was about 4 years ago now
    Congratulations on accomplishing this. 4 years ago seems so long hopefully I can say the same someday hahaha.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TCGTi)
    My instructor said we'll be doing maneuvers and the emergency stop. What did you do?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    You go through each manoeuvre and do emergency stops! My instructor also guessed what route I will be taken on and made me do it. He took me on 2/3 roundabouts. Good luck and don't give up!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Strawberry Blue)
    You go through each manoeuvre and do emergency stops! My instructor also guessed what route I will be taken on and made me do it. He took me on 2/3 roundabouts. Good luck and don't give up!
    Thanks! There's no shame in failing and passing second time is there? I have a feeling that might be me but I hope not!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TCGTi)
    Thanks! There's no shame in failing and passing second time is there? I have a feeling that might be me but I hope not!
    LOL speaking of that I failed 6 times and passed on the 7th time. I did not give up once! The more you fail the more practice you have. Its believed that the people who have failed more are the that are better on the road than 1st time passers. I'm not ashamed so you shouldn't be. But don't be pessimistic.

ReputationRep:
    LOL speaking of that I failed 6 times and passed on the 7th time. I did not give up once! The more you fail the more practice you have. Its believed that the people who have failed more are the that are better on the road than 1st time passers. I'm not ashamed so you shouldn't be. But don't be pessimistic.
    Yeah I definitely won't be pessimistic!. You have such motivation! Were the mistakes you made in previous tests just caused my nerves?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TCGTi)
    Yeah I definitely won't be pessimistic!. You have such motivation! Were the mistakes you made in previous tests just caused my nerves?
    They were different mistakes each time but during some of my tests I believe I was failed for no reason like for instance I completed my manoeuvre perfectly but the examiner made the excuse that I was going over speed humps too fast when I was driving at at least 10mph. That was my only failure. I did well on all 6 of my test and in 2 or 3 i failed to do my manoeuvre but in the test I passed in i drove the worst and passed! Just dont worry about it. I did have nerves whilst waitingg for the examiner but I talked to myself telling myself its only 40 minutes of my life and I drove fine!

ReputationRep:
    They were different mistakes each time but during some of my tests I believe I was failed for no reason like for instance I completed my manoeuvre perfectly but the examiner made the excuse that I was going over speed humps too fast when I was driving at at least 10mph. That was my only failure. I did well on all 6 of my test and in 2 or 3 i failed to do my manoeuvre but in the test I passed in i drove the worst and passed! Just dont worry about it. I did have nerves whilst waitingg for the examiner but I talked to myself telling myself its only 40 minutes of my life and I drove fine!
    Going too fast over a speed hump? That's a joke that shouldn't be a major! At least you passed. Doesn't matter how long it takes as long as you get it

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    i just drove around and practiced my maneuvers etc, i had an absolutely awful time with my instructor screaming at me and making me cry, my test was actually cancelled due to weather but i was in such a state i probably would of failed anyway!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by deedee123)
    i just drove around and practiced my maneuvers etc, i had an absolutely awful time with my instructor screaming at me and making me cry, my test was actually cancelled due to weather but i was in such a state i probably would of failed anyway!
    Your instructor doesn't seem nice, YOU'RE PAYING them! He should be grateful!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TCGTi)
    Your instructor doesn't seem nice, YOU'RE PAYING them! He should be grateful!
    i know but if i said something like that to him he'd probably just dump me on the spot and give me my money back haha, he has plenty of customers i only need to put up with him for a few more lessons before my test anyway (hopefully)

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.