Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by deedee123)
    i know but if i said something like that to him he'd probably just dump me on the spot and give me my money back haha, he has plenty of customers i only need to put up with him for a few more lessons before my test anyway (hopefully)
    Fingers crossed lol. Is the test soon? Don't tell me the date lol bad luck!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TCGTi)
    Fingers crossed lol. Is the test soon? Don't tell me the date lol bad luck!
    yeah it's this month yay

ReputationRep:
    I practised maneouvres, emergency stop, general driving around etc with my instructor. I made quite a few mistakes before my test, which worried me, but I was fine on my actual test (so don't worry if you do have an awful hour driving beforehand :P). It was like I got all my mistakes and nervousness out beforehand, then in my actual test I just got on with it.

Good luck!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by deedee123)
    yeah it's this month yay
    I wish you good luck please tell me how it goes I really hope you pass first time

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kazbian)
    I practised maneouvres, emergency stop, general driving around etc with my instructor. I made quite a few mistakes before my test, which worried me, but I was fine on my actual test (so don't worry if you do have an awful hour driving beforehand :P). It was like I got all my mistakes and nervousness out beforehand, then in my actual test I just got on with it.

Good luck!
    lol Yes! I usually do bad whenever I drive normally on some occasions then on mock tests I pass it with flying colours thanks for the tips!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by test_drive)
    Yeah but you do need to finish the test route in around 30mins (they'd maybe allow up to an hour not too sure), if you don't finish the route then they refund your test and you have to book another one!

My test was at 2.20pm I think which was good as there was no school traffic actually there was barely anyone else on the roads

An hour before my test, just treated it as a normal lesson really, drove around the test routes and practiced a couple of manouvers. My instructor did ask if there was anything in particular I wanted to go through though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sarahthegemini)

An hour before my test, just treated it as a normal lesson really, drove around the test routes and practiced a couple of manouvers. My instructor did ask if there was anything in particular I wanted to go through though.
    Yeah the same with me, the thing about finishing the test route in a certain time is if there is really bad traffic and you go really slowly they can't let the test go on for too long so if you can't finish you have to re book it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sarahthegemini)

Very good. If it isn't for the pulling in next to the kerb then I'd pass easily as everything else is second nature to me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by test_drive)
    Yeah the same with me, the thing about finishing the test route in a certain time is if there is really bad traffic and you go really slowly they can't let the test go on for too long so if you can't finish you have to re book it.
    That's why i'm going to book it in the afternoon lol.

ReputationRep:
    I did emergency stop, manoveurs, questions, roundabouts and a bit of of general driving .

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BANS2012)
    I did emergency stop, manoveurs, questions, roundabouts and a bit of of general driving .

Not too bad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TCGTi)
    Should I even bother with the questions? It's only 1 minor. Plus in my last few mock tests I've only had one or two minors. Due to my 44 hours of practice

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I would bother with the questions to be honest. 1 minor can be the difference between you passing and failing.. they are easy anyway so should not take long to learn them. And they are good practice for when you have your own car.
    even though you have dont get many minors in your mock test, doesnt necessarily mean that will also happen in the test.

ReputationRep:
    We went over all the manoeuvres pretty much, did an emergency stop all whilst making our way to the test centre.

Then we pulled up and went over the show me tell me questions very briefly.

I actually got my tell me question wrong lol, such a stupid mistake I was so nervous and hadn't gone over them properly he asked he how to check the tyre pressure haha I didn't believe it would be as easy as saying check it a garage I though he wanted me to explain some machine and technique lol so I gave up and took the minor. bet he though I was dumb lol, I passed tho. but I would recommend going over show me tell me

ReputationRep:
    We panicked, drove through the trickiest areas, did all manoeuvres twice, the emergency stop and all show me/tell me questions

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by quaveralien)
    We panicked, drove through the trickiest areas, did all manoeuvres twice, the emergency stop and all show me/tell me questions
    You pass though?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NatashaLee)
    We went over all the manoeuvres pretty much, did an emergency stop all whilst making our way to the test centre.

Then we pulled up and went over the show me tell me questions very briefly.

I actually got my tell me question wrong lol, such a stupid mistake I was so nervous and hadn't gone over them properly he asked he how to check the tyre pressure haha I didn't believe it would be as easy as saying check it a garage I though he wanted me to explain some machine and technique lol so I gave up and took the minor. bet he though I was dumb lol, I passed tho. but I would recommend going over show me tell me

At least you passed

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    With 2 minors, yes. Didn't pass any of my mocks though..
    That's amazing and well deserved! Congratulations! That just shows mock tests are worthless!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TCGTi)
    That's amazing and well deserved! Congratulations! That just shows mock tests are worthless!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Ta I was lucky with the route.

ReputationRep:
    Ta I was lucky with the route.
    Yeah I hope my route is good!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TCGTi)
    My instructor said we'll be doing maneuvers and the emergency stop. What did you do?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Just go over the things you feel least confident on!
    I basically drove round for a bit, to sort of 'get into it' - then I asked if I could practise the manoeuvre I was least confident on (reverse round a corner) - oh and went over the show me tell me questions quickly, and then I drove up to the test centre.
    Guess which manoeuvre came up as well :P

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.