Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Courier saying parcel has been delivered when it hasn't Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I've ordered something from Amazon, and according to the online tracking service, it was delivered at 11.15 yesterday.

However, it hasn't. I never heard anyone at the door, neither did my dog, there's been no card through the door, and it's nowhere to be found around the house.

So, it's quite obvious that there's been a mistake somewhere. Has anyone else ever had a problem like this? And what should I do about it?

ReputationRep:
    Same thing happened to me twice over christmas, as it turns out, the driver was too lazy to come to my house and just claimed to have attempted to deliver it!

Phone the courier service and explain, if they are not helpful or are trying to avoid anything, phone amazon and get them onto the case (that's what i did, even though it wasn't their fault they gave me a voucher ).

ReputationRep:
    Knock on you neighbours doors and see if it has been left there.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, check with your neighbours. I've had that happen to me before, the driver just left it with the wrong house...
    If it isn't at a neighbours then I'd ring the courier up.

May also be worth checking your bins. Our postman (obviously different to a courier though) sometimes leaves our packages in our blue bin (which is the paper one) if we're not in. They do post a card through the door though. Just possible that the courier was being lazy and didn't bother with a signature...

ReputationRep:
    Was the courier Yodel?

If so, then they are worse than useless and you will probably have to go to the depot to pick it up.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for all the replies. Phoned Amazon and they're sending a replacement product with next day delivery

(Original post by 1992LP)
    Was the courier Yodel?

If so, then they are worse than useless and you will probably have to go to the depot to pick it up.
    Home delivery network, I think they're the same company though aren't they?

ReputationRep:
    http://www.reviewcentre.com/reviews251651.html
    http://www.trustpilot.co.uk/review/www.hdnl.co.uk
    I'm not sure how the company can still exist if I'm honest. :erm:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nutella:3)
    http://www.reviewcentre.com/reviews251651.html
    http://www.trustpilot.co.uk/review/www.hdnl.co.uk
    I'm not sure how the company can still exist if I'm honest. :erm:

I suppose that if enough customers complain about the service from the courier to the seller (in proportion to those who don't say anything or give positive reviews), then the seller would probably stop using that courier, and then the courier might realise there is a problem with the customer service, and try to rectify it. Remember that stuff like this costs the seller a lot of money (they have lost the product and the payment for it), causes them hassle, and could damage their reputation.

Also, those reviews look bad because a lot of people will only review things when they have a bad experience.

If you consider the amount of packages processed by the company versus those who have problems with it, then it probably wouldn't look bad at all. I've had many packages delivered by HDNL before, and this is the first problem I've had with them.

ReputationRep:
    As others have said, check with your neighbours if the courier has left your package with them.

HDNL have had quite bad reviews by Amazon customers for quite a while and there's even numerous discussions on their forums with complaints about them. Here's one for example: http://www.amazon.co.uk/forum/amazon...x2VK1T208YROE7 It's been going on since 2010.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NewFolder)
    I suppose that if enough customers complain about the service from the courier to the seller (in proportion to those who don't say anything or give positive reviews), then the seller would probably stop using that courier, and then the courier might realise there is a problem with the customer service, and try to rectify it. Remember that stuff like this costs the seller a lot of money (they have lost the product and the payment for it), causes them hassle, and could damage their reputation.

Also, those reviews look bad because a lot of people will only review things when they have a bad experience.

If you consider the amount of packages processed by the company versus those who have problems with it, then it probably wouldn't look bad at all. I've had many packages delivered by HDNL before, and this is the first problem I've had with them.
    I've had 8 things delivered by yodel and have encountered problems with each order.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Useful resources
    Bizarre things students have spent their loans onThings you should budget for at uni

Sponsored features:

Making money from your own website

Need some cash?

How to make money running your own website.

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.