Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Is it socially acceptable to be a virgin at 25? Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jimbo1234)
    For most people this is the case. They think "I slept with them thus they love me and this means we're in a caring relationship " :facepalm:
    What!? I don't... how can you possibly believe that?
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Who the hell cares? I don't know when most of my friends lost theirs (in some cases they may not have lost it yet) and i don't have much desire to find out as its none of my business. I'm sure that most people wouldn't say no to someone simply because they hadn't had sex before if they got on really well.

ReputationRep:
    screw social acceptance...

if you want to get laid, then get laid, screw trying to do it when most of the others have done it... i have done several things later than usual including drinking alcohol and riding a bike, screw you society... if tsr still had the middle finger smiley, id use it here and point it to society...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mankytoes)
    id assume it is the common view... may seem bizarre to you if you were outside this group...

ReputationRep:
    my best male friend is 23 and a virgin

he's done sexual things, masturbating, mutual masturbating, oral, but not the actual intercourse sex bit.

ReputationRep:
    I don't think its abnormal at all, my brother lost his when he was 25 aswell. It is always better to lose your virginity to something special, instead of losing it at a young age just because everyone else has done *rolls eyes*

ReputationRep:
    Because many do. They think "I know this person for less time than any of my friends, but because we're screwing, it means we know each other enough to say cheesy **** like "I love you" etc "
    Sound familiar? :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    Because many do. They think "I know this person for less time than any of my friends, but because we're screwing, it means we know each other enough to say cheesy **** like "I love you" etc "
    Sound familiar? :rofl:
    Its more the "for the rest of their lives" part I found bizarre. People are obviously more naive when they're young, but why would losing your virginity mean you wouldn't learn about these things? I'd say the opposite, getting experience, even if you make mistakes, helps you learn.

ReputationRep:
    Its more the "for the rest of their lives" part I found bizarre. People are obviously more naive when they're young, but why would losing your virginity mean you wouldn't learn about these things? I'd say the opposite, getting experience, even if you make mistakes, helps you learn.
    Very true, but sadly most people don't learn from life and although you can see this, they chose to ignore it for their entire life. Once you get into an office environment you will see this all the time.

ReputationRep:
    Very true, but sadly most people don't learn from life and although you can see this, they chose to ignore it for their entire life. Once you get into an office environment you will see this all the time.
    So you honestly think most people go their entire lives totally sexually naive? It just sounds like everyone you know is a complete moron. I can think of a girl I know who is generally is pretty naive, but even she knows what a one night stand is. What does an office have to do with it?

ReputationRep:
    So you honestly think most people go their entire lives totally sexually naive? It just sounds like everyone you know is a complete moron. I can think of a girl I know who is generally is pretty naive, but even she knows what a one night stand is. What does an office have to do with it?
    Not sexually naive, but emotional train wrecks, and yes - most people are morons.
    Who said one night stands? I'm talking about "I've known you for a few weeks, dated a few times (total of ~12 hours), which means I don't know you enough to call you a friend, but enough to start ****ing and then say we're in a deep, loving relationship." :facepalm:
    As for an office - when you start working and talking to older people, you will realise that most are **** ups no matter how bland they seem.

ReputationRep:
    Not sexually naive, but emotional train wrecks, and yes - most people are morons.
    Who said one night stands? I'm talking about "I've known you for a few weeks, dated a few times (total of ~12 hours), which means I don't know you enough to call you a friend, but enough to start ****ing and then say we're in a deep, loving relationship." :facepalm:
    As for an office - when you start working and talking to older people, you will realise that most are **** ups no matter how bland they seem.
    Well your original post was about losing virginity, not forming short term relationships. If that's most people you know, you clearly associate with a disproportionate number of morons. I'm not saying people aren't like that, but it's certainly not the majority, and I don't understand the connection with the age you lose your virginity. I lost mine fairly late, nineteen, I don't think it changed me much, made me a little more secure, but it doesn't cause a huge mental change.

I don't know why youre assuming I don't work? (I do).

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 6, 2013
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.