Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

My life is over: I haven't begun revision Watch

ReputationRep:
    I have 4 exams. A2 Bio and Chem, alongside two resits (the whole of AS psychology, I got a B last time which I'm not happy with).

I don't know what I'm expecting from tsr, but I just can't stop procrastinating and now I'm going to miss my offers because of this. I was aiming for A*AB but I think that is now unlikely.

I have been studying for the whole year but I just can't bring myself to sit down and go over my study stuff.

Perhaps university is not for me.

Fml.

Who needs to revise. Just go in there and give it your best shot. Worked for me.

ReputationRep:
      Don't worry. we're on the same boat.
      I think past papers help a lot you can revise so many different thing from just one question. i think the reason to your procrastination is because it gets boring. Try doing past papers.

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Jonah Ramone)
      Who needs to revise. Just go in there and give it your best shot. Worked for me.
      Thats what I did at AS and ended up with AABB but A2 is much more tricky.

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by [email protected]~)
      Don't worry. we're on the same boat.
      I think past papers help a lot you can revise so many different thing from just one question. i think the reason to your procrastination is because it gets boring. Try doing past papers.
      Alright, I'll go over a couple past papers. Thank you.

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Waggaw)
      I have 4 exams. A2 Bio and Chem, alongside two resits (the whole of AS psychology, I got a B last time which I'm not happy with).

I don't know what I'm expecting from tsr, but I just can't stop procrastinating and now I'm going to miss my offers because of this. I was aiming for A*AB but I think that is now unlikely.

I have been studying for the whole year but I just can't bring myself to sit down and go over my study stuff.

Fml.
      Perhaps you could consider scheduling your work, with key milestones to be achieved during the few phases. For instance, you can plan to read finish all the texts and practise questions embedded in your textbooks in say, 1 month time, then finish all your past year papers in another month time.

Breaking down your milestones, a month in advance, into bite-size chunks, with each chunk requiring about 1/2-1 day to be digested, would convince yourself of the feasibility of achieving the milestones before the stipulated time.

Of course, your targets have to fulfil the SMART criteria: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SMART_criteria.

EDIT:
      Think that you are unable to sit down and even do all the stuff I have mentioned?

Try this: visualise yourself getting your A level results and finding out that you screwed up and you are unable to get into your desired choice of university. You of course reflect on what you have done to put yourself in this position, and you see yourself procrastinating and blaming nature, which is absolutely immature, that you are genetically need to be constantly active, instead of your blatant lack of discipline. You then feel pangs of regret for that instant, and would continue to do so, with your inability to snag jobs that are reflective of your true capability or being mocked at for your poor A level results, when it was actually your ill-discipline at work, for the rest of your life.

I hope you won't waste your potential by fully leveraging on the time you have left. Good luck and all the best!

ReputationRep:
      Don't worry just be confident and you'll ace the exam.

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by chew313)
      Perhaps you could consider scheduling your work, with key milestones to be achieved during the few phases. For instance, you can plan to read finish all the texts and practise questions embedded in your textbooks in say, 1 month time, then finish all your past year papers in another month time.

Breaking down your milestones, a month in advance, into bite-size chunks, with each chunk requiring about 1/2-1 day to be digested, would convince yourself of the feasibility of achieving the milestones before the stipulated time.

Of course, your targets have to fulfil the SMART criteria: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SMART_criteria.

Good luck and all the best!
      Thank you for this, but my first exam is in about 5 days.

ReputationRep:
      Go. Revise. Now

Thats what I did at AS and ended up with AABB but A2 is much more tricky.
        Trust me, it's not.

ReputationRep:

Fml.
        Calm down, your life isn't over. Go revise now, and you might surprise yourself.

After your exams I would address your procrastination problems though.
        • PS Reviewer
        • Reporter Team

ReputationRep:
        Thank you for this, but my first exam is in about 5 days.
        Why don't you do something instead of complaining that you haven't started?

ReputationRep:
        your a girl, that automatically means you are going to get good grades, even if your female lecturer wont give u more marks than other guys.

ReputationRep:
        (Original post by cyxstudio)
        your a girl, that automatically means you are going to get good grades, even if your female lecturer wont give u more marks than other guys.
        Now I know why seminars are held in Malaysia to help teachers spot and correct gay students.

ReputationRep:
        I'm really bad at procrastination also, you're in good company. However, it's important not to let it start affecting things in such a big way - you've got to keep in mind that every minute you're spending sitting refreshing Facebook or staring out the window, is a minute of your life you're never getting back - whilst you could have already done a few hours revision today.

Before you revise, you need to rid yourself of distractions. Put your laptop/phone in another room.

I've found the best way of motivating myself is to do it in short bursts. Do half an hour solid revision, then have a break - make a cup of tea, go to the loo, whatever floats your boat. Then do another burst for an hour this time, etc etc, build it up. It really helps having things to motivate you and having breaks - it's hard to work solidly without your brain wandering off. This helps keep it fresh.

I hope this helps a bit - seriously, just pull your finger out and realise that this is your future you're shaping.

ReputationRep:
        (Original post by chew313)
        now i know why seminars are held in malaysia to help teachers spot and correct gay students.
        hahahahah high five bro!!

ReputationRep:
        Stop panicking about what you HAVEN'T done, and concentrate what you still have time to do.

Get off the internet and start doing some work. You might not be able to learn everything, but anything is better than nothing.
        • TSR Support Team
        • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
        'My life is over'

:rofl:

ReputationRep:
        Right, at 3 I'll begin.

ReputationRep:
        (Original post by James A)
        'My life is over'

:rofl:
        Well, I feel that I am justified to say that as I hold offers which are pivotal in my life.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
      Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
      Useful resources
      AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
    • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
      Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.