Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Facebook - Attention whores turning it into MySpace? Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Constantly on my newsfeed I have info about friends liking/sharing things like statuses, pics and vids from random people who have like "subcribers"... I clicked on a couple and these guys... wow... they just keep uploading pics of themselves and talk about being "facebook famous"... reminds me so much of myspace... does anyone else find this really sad? I thought facebook was to stay in touch with friends and keep people you know updated.

The most annoying thing is I don't know how to get this out of my newsfeed... I don't care about what half the people on my facebook are doing at every minute of every day (but my god they will tell me anyway)... I care even less about what a stranger is doing.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bellissima)
    Constantly on my newsfeed I have info about friends liking/sharing things like statuses, pics and vids from random people who have like "subcribers"... I clicked on a couple and these guys... wow... they just keep uploading pics of themselves and talk about being "facebook famous"... reminds me so much of myspace... does anyone else find this really sad? I thought facebook was to stay in touch with friends and keep people you know updated.

The most annoying thing is I don't know how to get this out of my newsfeed... I don't care about what half the people on my facebook are doing at every minute of every day (but my god they will tell me anyway)... I care even less about what a stranger is doing.
    I agree, although why don't you just delete facebook then?

ReputationRep:

You can remove then from your newsfeed but you have to go to their profile and unselect the newsfeed updates from them

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad Ap

ReputationRep:

Mouse over the post, then there's a little arrow which points downwards, click on it, then click Hide all by this user or whatever

You have crappy "friends" if they do this on facebook hahahahahah

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by the mezzil)
    I agree, although why don't you just delete facebook then?
    i like it for the uses i said it's for - staying in contact with peeps

ReputationRep:
    > 2013
    > people still complaining about Facebook

ReputationRep:
    Unscubscribe from them, innit.

ReputationRep:
    Every social network has people like that, you can't escape them. Bebo fell into decline by it's love system because it became a competition between the Camwhores and now it's overun by the lingering scenequeens who still hold onto their dead empires.

Facebook is designed to avoid that but it still has a like system, so naturally the same phenomena occurs. So long as people post things for approval there won't be an end to that cycle.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.