might do lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by anisa7)
    your not normal haha.
    Stop flirting with me...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pinda.college)
    Stop flirting with me...
    what you on? how am i flirting with you?

ReputationRep:
    what you on? how am i flirting with you?
    Discussing poo, first sign of flirtatious behaviour in women.

ReputationRep:
    Right, last night i was on the toilet, my blackberry bold was in my pocket and when i got up to flush the toilet it fell in
    within seconds i put my hand in and yanked it out.:eek:
    yes i know thats disgusting but what could i do, let £350 go down the toilet?
    so anyway i quickly took the battery out and dried the phone with the towel and when i went into my room i put the battery back in for 10 seconds and the screen was flashing on an d off so i took it out again and shook the phone for about 10 minutes until all the water had come out, then i put all the pieces in a box full of uncooked rice and now its been a day since my phone is in it.
    i really have no hope of it working again because this is my second time!:confused:
    my first bb curve fell in the sea.
    i have 2 spare batteries so if i put 1 of those in will it work again? or is the phone itself destroyed?
    thank you for anyone who helpsss!x
    ...erm, instead of asking if it will work, why don't you actually just try it

ReputationRep:
    Right, last night i was on the toilet, my blackberry bold was in my pocket and when i got up to flush the toilet it fell in
    so anyway i quickly took the battery out and dried the phone with the towel and when i went into my room i put the battery back in for 10 seconds and the screen was flashing on an d off so i took it out again and shook the phone for about 10 minutes until all the water had come out, then i put all the pieces in a box full of uncooked rice and now its been a day since my phone is in it.
    i really have no hope of it working again because this is my second time!:confused:
    i have 2 spare batteries so if i put 1 of those in will it work again? or is the phone itself destroyed?

ReputationRep:
    Discussing poo, first sign of flirtatious behaviour in women.
    i don't know what kind of girls have been "flirting" with you. LOL

(Original post by sarahthegemini)
    ...erm, instead of asking if it will work, why don't you actually just try it
    erm because if i do then i might short circuit it, which is why i am asking for advice rather than taking a risk.

ReputationRep:
    Put it in a box of rice. Rice drains the wetness out of electronic parts. Your best shot.

Edit: oh my bad I posted this before fully reading the OP.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by danny111)
    Put it in a box of rice. Rice drains the wetness out of electronic parts. Your best shot.

Edit: oh my bad I posted this before fully reading the OP.
    i put it in at midnight last night, so when shall i take it out?

ReputationRep:
    Next time you go for a poo, take it out then.

ReputationRep:
    The absolute worst thing you can do with wet electronics is turn them on. For future reference never, EVER turn it on until you're sure it's 100% dry.

ReputationRep:
    I'm guessing it was a number one however, are you sure you didn't poo a little bit as well? The reason I ask is because the bacteria from those little yellow sweetcorn things in your poo could've got into your Blackberry and started eating away all the microchips etc.
    Nice. Very nice.

ReputationRep:
    i put it in a container of rice at midnight, when shall i take it out of the rice?*

ReputationRep:
    Wait ~week, leaving it in the rice the whole time and then test it. Most of the water shouldve been absorbed by the rice/evaporated by then. If it doesn't work then, it's probably a goner

ReputationRep:
    The same happened to my Blackberry Curve 8520 and it survived. Yours may not be completely dried out yet - put all the pieces separately in an airing cupboard/other warm place and leave it for a few days. If it doesn't turn on by the middle of next week, I think you can safely say you need a new Blackberry. I doubt putting a new battery in would work but if you do try it, don't try it whilst it's still potentially damp inside.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rascacielos)
    The same happened to my Blackberry Curve 8520 and it survived. Yours may not be completely dried out yet - put all the pieces separately in an airing cupboard/other warm place and leave it for a few days. If it doesn't turn on by the middle of next week, I think you can safely say you need a new Blackberry. I doubt putting a new battery in would work but if you do try it, don't try it whilst it's still potentially damp inside.
    thanks a lot, i dropped my bb curve in the sea once and put it in rice for 3 days but it didnt work unfortunately. i hope this time it does work. even though i'm not too worried because im getting an iphone anyway, its just i fele depressed without bbm, as it is addictive.

ReputationRep:
    ...The **** am I reading? :lolwut:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by the bear)
    just...don't....eat.... the....rice
    Well don't boil it, for one thing

and OP, damage is dealt when electricity is running through the device whilst wet. Unfortunately you might've buggered it when you toweled it and turned it back on. When I accidentally washed my old phone in the washing machine I put it next to the radiator for a few days, had to replace the sim card which got burnt, but otherwise was fine.

ReputationRep:
    I had the same problem!!!
    I shook the water out and then i just sticked it in the uncooked rice for a couple of days!!!
    But you must put it in the rice all together!! Only take the battery out!!!
    Stick the rest of the phone in the rice!!!!
    Hope it will work!!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Please throw that rice out when you've finished with it

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources
    Bizarre things students have spent their loans onThings you should budget for at uni

Sponsored features:

Making money from your own website

Need some cash?

How to make money running your own website.

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.