Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I'm doing my first moot in a week and I'm a little confused to what I have to do. I'm the junior respondent.

It requires me to: "Junior Counsel is required to argue those aspects of the case which concern exemption from criminal liability in cases where a party who would have been responsible for a crime is a victim of it."

I won't post the problem question because this is an assessed piece of work. Some clarification on what I exactly have to do would be useful though! In very short, my role is to defend someone is being accused of murder.

ReputationRep:
    :bump:

ReputationRep:
    I am not sure if you are ok with the law just not sure what you have to do in terms of a moot? If I am correct in my interpretation of your request you want more info about a moot. This website is great:
    http://www.mootingnet.org.uk/
    Good luck x

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.