Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Do you have to read aloud in university lectures/lessons like in sixth form/high schl Watch

ReputationRep:
    ??

I mean as in read passages aloud. If so, do you volunteer or get picked randomly?

ReputationRep:
    lol no

ReputationRep:
    :laugh: No.

ReputationRep:
    No, I've never done it anyway. Nice username & pic btw!

ReputationRep:
    I normally get picked on -_-

ReputationRep:
    No. The only reading aloud you would have to do is if you had to do a presentation which could be likely.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WNB)
    No. The only reading aloud you would have to do is if you had to do a presentation which could be likely.
    Ah, I don't mind presentations - I just can't read aloud for some reason...

I had to read a part in a play once and my teacher made me (the only person) act a scene out. I was fine standing up reading, but when I sit down I just can't.

Weird, huh?

ReputationRep:
    Nope. You'll be expeted to answer questions/contribute in tutorials and seminars but not to read out a passage or something aha, what a waste of time that is. I used to hate that too, even though I'm fine with performing on stage :p:

ReputationRep:
    I'm doing an English degree, so I have. Its mainly when we're studying plays, so we can get a feel of how the words may be spoken and how it can differ etc.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 7, 2013
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.