Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hey I've got my C1 maths exam next week just wanted to know what marks I'd need to get an A overall in AS maths, thanks!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nahinch)
    Hey I've got my C1 maths exam next week just wanted to know what marks I'd need to get an A overall in AS maths, thanks!
    you need 240 ums over all to get an A in as maths, in C1, to get an A (80ums) you'll need around 58-64+ depending on how hard it is, the harder, the lower the boundary.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nahinch)
    Obviously it's made up up of C2 and whichever other module you're doing this year, not just C1 determines an overall A!

In order to get an A in this particular paper you'll need roughly 60/75 marks, but in the past few years the A boundary has ranged from 58-63 (since 2010 or 2009 I think).

I trust you understand UMS conversions? If not, say and someone can explain. So any mark around 58-63 should convert to 80/100 UMS in that particular paper. C2 and the other module will also be worth 100 UMS. So as long as you get an average of 240/300 UMS across all three papers you'll be looking at an A.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.