Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Anyone else get really fed up with the efficiency of shipping when ordering online? watch

ReputationRep:
    Okay so yes, I feel really ranty, but decided to make this thread for anyone else who has had problems when you have ordered something online and it has taken forever to come, has not come at all or whatever else may be wrong.

I always have trouble with h and m. They always get the estimated delivery time wrong and it's so so unreliable and takes about 3 weeks to come!
    So share your stories, names and shames, advice etc here..

ReputationRep:
    I refuse to order from H&M because of all the bad reviews I've heard!

ReputationRep:
    The sites I order from generally have very quick dispatch times and delivery. ASOS and House of Fraser have excellent delivery times, especially ASOS. Free delivery there takes 4 working days, but it usually comes in 3 or less.

The only time I've had problems is when I've accidentally ordered from a Chinese seller on ebay, in which case the items still arrived within the time they said they would (had I bothered to read it).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by parpirate)
    The only time I've had problems is when I've accidentally ordered from a Chinese seller on ebay, in which case the items still arrived within the time they said they would (had I bothered to read it).
    I made that mistake too except mine didnt actually come at all! Had to contact the seller to send another :| never making that mistake again :P

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kre)
    The sites I order from generally have very quick dispatch times and delivery. ASOS and House of Fraser have excellent delivery times, especially ASOS. Free delivery there takes 4 working days, but it usually comes in 3 or less.
    I'll keep those in mind I find that boohoo are good with delivery as well

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, H&M are an absolute pisstake when it comes to ordering stuff online But I don't like a lot of their stuff anyway

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by annarchy.)
    I'll keep those in mind I find that boohoo are good with delivery as well

Had problems with H&M before so I just avoid them now I've ordered loads from boohoo in the past and never had any problems

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by annarchy.)
    Okay so yes, I feel really ranty, but decided to make this thread for anyone else who has had problems when you have ordered something online and it has taken forever to come, has not come at all or whatever else may be wrong.

I always have trouble with h and m. They always get the estimated delivery time wrong and it's so so unreliable and takes about 3 weeks to come!
    So share your stories, names and shames, advice etc here..
    H & M are absolutely known for slowness, so your experiences just provide more evidence.

In a way I feel like it's the reverse generally though, I'm always amazed how efficient everything is, like Amazon for example are brilliant at sending things quickly, so are lots of other stores. I even buy things sometimes from US sites like Anthropoligie and they arrive quickly too!

ReputationRep:
    Not really, i usually order something that will arrive 3-5 working days, and recently if i order on a Friday they come on the Monday so actually it is pretty efficient from what I've experienced.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I just spent 44$ on shipping just to get a pair of sneakers :/ and u think it'll take 4-6 days to get here.....

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ZRO)
    I just spent 44$ on shipping just to get a pair of sneakers :/ and u think it'll take 4-6 days to get here.....

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Ooo, which ones were they? You must really want them!

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

ReputationRep:
    this is one of the few things keeping the high streets alive

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SoNottingH)
    Ooo, which ones were they? You must really want them!

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
    Haha yeah I really wanted them they are air force one duckboots, like thisName:  uploadfromtaptalk1357999734575.jpg
Views: 67
Size:  73.1 KB

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I usually pay the premium to have next/arranged day delivery. I'm at work Monday-Friday and can't really be bothered with the hassle of going to the nearest office or rearranging delivery.

ReputationRep:
    You probably need to shop somewhere else. I've never had a bad experience as regards shipping, and I do almost all of my shopping for things other than food and everyday essentials online... :confused:

I always choose either next day or named day delivery when possible, though - but it is always worth the price for me.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.