Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Basically I'm really interested in applying to the intercollegiate halls of the university of london, if I get into Goldsmiths, than Goldsmiths actually ones. This is for a number of reasons.

1. They appear to be a lot more value for money.
    2. Many of my friends are applying to other London unis and will also be applying there.
    3. For health reasons, its best for me to have catered accommodation.

However, I'm worried they're too far away. Has anyone ever stayed in intercollegiate halls and went to Goldsmiths before? What was your experience?

ReputationRep:
    anyone???

ReputationRep:
    I haven't stayed in intercollegiate halls but I know people who have (although they're not at goldsmiths). It is quite far and i know people who are in housing far away from halls feel a bit left out of what really goes on at uni. Depends what you want man, if you want the whole experience of making new friends and staying near campus go to a goldsmiths one. If you're not bothered and you really want to go to an intercollegiate one then go there.
    At the end of the day which would you regret most if you didn't go? Travel doesn't matter that much as long as you're dedicated, although it will definitely cost a lot.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.