Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Would you wear hand made one off clothing?? Watch

ReputationRep:
    Hi everyone,
    Basically I've been wanting to start a business for about 2 years now but I had no idea what to do!
    Then suddenly I got this fantastic idea to make one off clothing, I'm not a good drawer although I am a visual thinker therefore I would know exactly what I would be making without perfect drawing etc...
    I'm would NOT be making them horrid 'indie/hipster' type of clothing with the rolled up sleeves and stuff either!

So really the question is would you buy one off unique clothing?
    What kind of style?
    And what price range?

The more reply's the better!! :-)
    Thank you!!! x

ReputationRep:
    Obviously yes. I would as well stay at 5 star hotels and fly first class, in case you were wondering.

ReputationRep:
    I would yeah , if its something I really like then would pay more for it, not sure on price range though, style as in dresses and etc or style as in grunge and boho?

ReputationRep:
    Yes I would.
    Whatever style took my fancy really.
    Relatively cheap.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by StupidGirl1)
    Hi everyone,
    Basically I've been wanting to start a business for about 2 years now but I had no idea what to do!
    Then suddenly I got this fantastic idea to make one off clothing, I'm not a good drawer although I am a visual thinker therefore I would know exactly what I would be making without perfect drawing etc...
    I'm would NOT be making them horrid 'indie/hipster' type of clothing with the rolled up sleeves and stuff either!

So really the question is would you buy one off unique clothing?
    What kind of style?
    And what price range?

The more reply's the better!! :-)
    Thank you!!! x
    You realise the need to be a good drawer isn't so you can see what you're making right? (you're designing and then making the pieces so that isn't necessary) but you need to be able to properly convey the look of the item to potential customers. Unless you plan on constructing the garment first and then photographing the piece/s to advertise, but that would be costly ...

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.