Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Thinking of sticking to buses all my life :'( Insurance to high Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vkz4)
    What if i got a car on finance that comes with insurance??

Ide be able to pay monthly.

Would i be able to get a car on Finance + Free insurance at 21 with 8 Points? or with my dad as first driver?

Ive been hearning there is somewhere that offers this?
    Dont put your dad as the first driver on your insurance if you are in fact going to be the main driver. Its illegal. You dont want to get any more in the way of points etc

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vkz4)
    Because i thought if i was insured 3rd party on my car i could drive my dads car with his permission.

Infact it was if i was fully comp on my car then i could drive my dads with his permission.

I didnt know so its my fault.
    Bro, what reason did they pull you over for in your dads car if it was insured?

And the fully comp drive other cars extension is for over 25s

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PataynaRolaay)

It was a routine check.

And didnt know about the 25 thing.

ReputationRep:
    Wait till the points expire or if you know a guy that is willing to put you on his trade insurance then do that

💷Certified 💷

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vkz4)
    It was a routine check.

And didnt know about the 25 thing.
    Routine check my arse, they like to pick on younger folk, **** jakes

💷Certified 💷

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Emma:-))
    Dont put your dad as the first driver on your insurance if you are going to be the named driver. Its illegal. You dont want to get any more in the way of points etc
    It's not illegal if his dad is registered keeper ...........

💷Certified 💷

ReputationRep:
    Best thing for you to do is get a job in Skipton as it is local and a low risk area and use that address to insure, I am also from Bradford and my insurance is around 2k. If I put Skipton address then it drops by £700.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I quite like public transport. Setting off somewhere just by yourself feels good I find. I once got to the foot of mount snowdon using public transport and walking. Sometimes ive got stuck in stations overnight and encountered some of the weirdest people you could imagine. You don't get that with cars.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by StudentNeedingHelp)

💷Certified 💷
    What i meant is dont put your dad as the main driver (and you as only a named driver) if you are actually the main driver. Its fronting and illegal. It doesnt matter who the registered keeper is.

ReputationRep:
    Wait till the points expire or if you know a guy that is willing to put you on his trade insurance then do that

Certified
    I have a friend who will put me on for £1000 a year does that sound right?

ReputationRep:

Certified
    Or is he rinsing me for some extra cash.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vkz4)
    Or is he rinsing me for some extra cash.

DO you want to drive soon? maybe I can help?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vkz4)
    That's a decent quote bro! I'm 18 and held liecene for one year and that's the quote I'm getting, it's like 80-90£ a month. Not bad especially with your conditions

💷Certified 💷

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by I love you all)
    DO you want to drive soon? maybe I can help?
    Yes i do. How?

That's a decent quote bro! I'm 18 and held liecene for one year and that's the quote I'm getting, it's like 80-90£ a month. Not bad especially with your conditions

Certified
    its a one off payment going to see if its all legitamate first.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vkz4)
    A close mate of mine got done for no insurance, he was on a motor trade policy as named driver, turned out only policy holder is allowed to drive social domestic purposes, not named driver got pulled over by coppers on my road, seized his car, and gave 6 points..

Plus in motor trade policy terms and conditions you have to be over 25 I think. Be careful with them.

Found this on another forum you might want to read.

http://forums.pepipoo.com/index.php?...pic=65248&st=0

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PataynaRolaay)

It is mostly for over 25s, but that isn't law - for my first year of driving, the insurer I was with (Quinn) offered all fully comp drivers 3rd party cover on cars they didn't own.

Certified
    It is if he drives more than n percent of the time (usually 50%, although some companies say named drivers can not drive more than a lower percent, e.g. 33%).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rmhumphries)
    It is mostly for over 25s, but that isn't law - for my first year of driving, the insurer I was with (Quinn) offered all fully comp drivers 3rd party cover on cars they didn't own.

It is if he drives more than n percent of the time (usually 50%, although some companies say named drivers can not drive more than a lower percent, e.g. 33%).
    Honestly do it smartly and it's hard for them to prove you are driving it most of the time.

E.g if the main driver has two cars then they are going to suspect something, but if the main driver has only one car(the car where named driver does more mileage) then it's fine I guess. Also if your on a box policy as long as you stay within mileage limits, you should be fine

💷Certified 💷

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vkz4)
    Because i thought if i was insured 3rd party on my car i could drive my dads car with his permission.

Infact it was if i was fully comp on my car then i could drive my dads with his permission.

I didnt know so its my fault.
    This isn't always the case before you go fully comp and start driving your father's car.

It can depend on your policy and their policy on whether you're allowed to drive other vehicles.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.