Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Louise14834)
    Haha, wait until A2, you'll have a whole new understanding of that question, and will never be able to use terms like "good" again!!

Yea, I love the way that it challenges you and when you finally understand something you feel so clever! How to your school teach it, Ethics first then Philosophy because I know some schools in my area do that and that idea just grosses me out!

Honest, you'll be fine, learn really deeply two of the theories and a third not so deeply so that your brain doesn't explode! What do you need to finish learning because I may have some revision packs on it?
    Meta-ethics completely fried my brain, I hate that topic so much!!! Hoping it doesn't come up on Thursday. :zomg:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Flowerii)
    Hoping it doesn't come up on Thursday. :zomg:
    Ew ew ewwww you doing the exam on Thurs?? good luck!! Ugh meta-ethics, has completely ruined my life (and the way I think)!!

Good luck!!

ReputationRep:
    I feel like a loner being the year 12 here

Do you guys think I'll be okay if I don't know genetic engineering? I've done ridiculous amounts of revision this weekend, but I haven't hadn't had time to fit that bit in..

So tomorrow I have a single free, and time in the evening around a Duke of Ed meeting- should I learn genetic engineering, or make sure I know everything else well?

ReputationRep:
    Anyone know what is likely to come up?

ReputationRep:
    I've got the exam with situation ethics, sexual ethics, natural law and utilitarianism has anybody else!? :confused:

ReputationRep:
    I'm a year 13 resisting this exam tomorrow - terrified

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Paige-)
    I've got the exam with situation ethics, sexual ethics, natural law and utilitarianism has anybody else!? :confused:
    how do you know what's in your exam?! :confused:

ReputationRep:
    how are you guys structuring/setting out your essays?

ReputationRep:
    I'm going for PEEE. Point, evidence, explain, example. Not really bothering with much of an introduction as stuff- begin to answer the question, and for goodness' sake, keep answering it! I conclude usually with a quick paragraph.

I am so scared right now

ReputationRep:
    I'm scared too we can always retake in the summer though thank god!

ReputationRep:
    Relying on that being a possibility :'(

ReputationRep:
    How did everyone find it?! O.o

ReputationRep:
    Absolute (get the pun) p*ss easy only revised the natural law embryo research and utilitarianism, Boom !!!!!!! had enough time left for the kant question haha Class being a examiners son

ReputationRep:
    All the things I had wished wouldn't come up did. Hoping that I do better in the A2 exam on Thursday.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    So pleased with the result of this exam, this was my second time taking it as only got a C the first time, put pretty sure I nailed this paper, did the util and NML questions, just a little scared for the A2!

ReputationRep:
    I found that paper disgusting, on allllllll levels!! The Philosophy, which I didn't really need a higher grade in was lovely but the ethics, the one I needed to improve was disgusting!! Typical....

ReputationRep:
    I was desperately hoping for Kant, but he was nowhere to be found :'(
    And on that topic, where on earth was my Religious Ethics question?!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anny Smiles)
    I was desperately hoping for Kant, but he was nowhere to be found :'(
    And on that topic, where on earth was my Religious Ethics question?!
    You could've applied Kantian ethics to the concept of absolute morality...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mustafa007)
    You could've applied Kantian ethics to the concept of absolute morality...
    Yeah, I could've done. I just wanted one which was purely Kant! I didn't chose absolutism, because I knew I'd probably go far too off track!

ReputationRep:
    I was really happy with the exam! I did question 1 + 2 how did people find it?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.