The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by Louise14834
Haha, wait until A2, you'll have a whole new understanding of that question, and will never be able to use terms like "good" again!!

Yea, I love the way that it challenges you and when you finally understand something you feel so clever! How to your school teach it, Ethics first then Philosophy because I know some schools in my area do that and that idea just grosses me out!

Honest, you'll be fine, learn really deeply two of the theories and a third not so deeply so that your brain doesn't explode! What do you need to finish learning because I may have some revision packs on it?

Meta-ethics completely fried my brain, I hate that topic so much!!! Hoping it doesn't come up on Thursday. :zomg:
Original post by Flowerii
Hoping it doesn't come up on Thursday. :zomg:

Ew ew ewwww you doing the exam on Thurs?? good luck!! Ugh meta-ethics, has completely ruined my life (and the way I think)!!

Good luck!!
Reply 22
I feel like a loner being the year 12 here :wink:

Do you guys think I'll be okay if I don't know genetic engineering? I've done ridiculous amounts of revision this weekend, but I haven't hadn't had time to fit that bit in..

So tomorrow I have a single free, and time in the evening around a Duke of Ed meeting- should I learn genetic engineering, or make sure I know everything else well?
Anyone know what is likely to come up?
Reply 24
I've got the exam with situation ethics, sexual ethics, natural law and utilitarianism has anybody else!? :confused:
I'm a year 13 resisting this exam tomorrow - terrified :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Paige-
I've got the exam with situation ethics, sexual ethics, natural law and utilitarianism has anybody else!? :confused:

how do you know what's in your exam?! :confused:
how are you guys structuring/setting out your essays?
Reply 28
I'm going for PEEE. Point, evidence, explain, example. Not really bothering with much of an introduction as stuff- begin to answer the question, and for goodness' sake, keep answering it! I conclude usually with a quick paragraph.

I am so scared right now :frown:
I'm scared too :frown: we can always retake in the summer though thank god!
Reply 30
Relying on that being a possibility :'(
Reply 31
How did everyone find it?! O.o
Reply 32
Absolute (get the pun) p*ss easy only revised the natural law embryo research and utilitarianism, Boom !!!!!!! had enough time left for the kant question haha Class being a examiners son
Reply 33
All the things I had wished wouldn't come up did. Hoping that I do better in the A2 exam on Thursday.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 34
So pleased with the result of this exam, this was my second time taking it as only got a C the first time, put pretty sure I nailed this paper, did the util and NML questions, just a little scared for the A2!
I found that paper disgusting, on allllllll levels!! The Philosophy, which I didn't really need a higher grade in was lovely but the ethics, the one I needed to improve was disgusting!! Typical....
Reply 36
I was desperately hoping for Kant, but he was nowhere to be found :'(
And on that topic, where on earth was my Religious Ethics question?! :frown:
Reply 37
Original post by Anny Smiles
I was desperately hoping for Kant, but he was nowhere to be found :'(
And on that topic, where on earth was my Religious Ethics question?! :frown:

You could've applied Kantian ethics to the concept of absolute morality...
Reply 38
Original post by Mustafa007
You could've applied Kantian ethics to the concept of absolute morality...

Yeah, I could've done. I just wanted one which was purely Kant! I didn't chose absolutism, because I knew I'd probably go far too off track!
Reply 39
I was really happy with the exam! I did question 1 + 2 how did people find it?

Latest

Trending

Trending