Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

How can I poo in the afternoon instead of the morning Watch

I'm deadly serious. I currently have to go poop when I wake up in the morning. It's damn annoying as I give myself an hour to get ready, give or take 10 mins.

My poop doesn't come out easily either. It stings and it takes a while. Sometimes I have to go twice.

This often means I cut it very fine time wise. I'm pretty good at being on time but sometimes I have unexpected things- my car door being frozen shut, car not starting, being sick (For some reason I am sick after breakfast sometimes, don't know why).

I would like to poo in the afternoon when I get back from college because I have more time and i'm less panicky/ stressed.

Does anyone know how I can do this? I tried to hold my poop in but it's difficult and uncomfortable so I have to go.

ReputationRep:
    It stings? What do you eat barbed wire?

I always have my bowel movements every 3 hours, starting from 12 pm, an hour after I've had my morning tea. Regular as clockwork

For me, a hot drink helps ease the process. Do it in the morning, but perhaps get up earlier, or have a drink/something to eat.

ReputationRep:
    It's normal to feel the urge in the morning a little while after you get up, and also after you eat. Don't try to hold it in, it sounds like you have enough problems with constipation without forcing it to stay in there even longer. You could try making sure you eat enough fruit and veg and drink enough water to keep everything moving. Exercise helps with that too.

ReputationRep:
    Diapers, they work for me its also useful in winter helps to keep my buttocks warm, and makes my ass more defined. men love it

ReputationRep:
    From the information you've given, it seems as if your metabolism is used to fully digesting your food during your period of sleep. Although I can not help you in ways to change this, but you could perhaps change your eating patterns? E.g. Eating your dinner t 6 or 7 rather than 10pm to give yourself time to digest your food and get all the waste out of your system.

ReputationRep:
    Could be your eating too late in the evenings and needs to be removed from your system soon as you wake up

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    "Do you know what happens to your body when it doesn't get enough fibre? . . . It would be extremely painful."

http://youtu.be/IkMPZ7WeDck?t=1m48s

I get up and poop, then have breakfast, then lunch then dinner at about 6/7pm. I only poo once a day (Unless in the morning I may go twice).

How long does it take to digest food?

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 6, 2013
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.