Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Both me and my flatmate are unsure of what to do for accommodation next year in Nottingham.
    We are in 1st year halls at the minute and arent keen on our other flatmates so there is only two of us wanting to move in together.
    We would like to carry on meeting new people so we dont want to get a 2 bed house/flat, but we are older than most 2nd years (21) so going back into halls isn't an option because we don't want to be with people much younger than us for a second year.

:confused:

Does anyone know of any accommodation in Nottingham that would be suitable for us? Preferably somewhere that you can book a couple of rooms in a flat and have new people to move in with that are 3rd years or postgrad...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jade139)
    we are older than most 2nd years (21) so going back into halls isn't an option because we don't want to be with people much younger than us for a second year.
    Unless your university is jam-packed with prodigies it seems unlikely that the 2nd years will be "much younger" than you. For the most part they'll be 1 or 2 years younger won't they? This unless there's been a maths debacle on my part.

ReputationRep:
    Well seen as we'll be 22 and most of the 2nd years will be 19, that makes 3 years. It might not make a difference to you but we've been living with people that are freshers and its made a difference to us

ReputationRep:
    It's 'debacle' with a little accent above the e that I don't know how to do.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for your help

ReputationRep:
    If you want to guarantee you are living with older students then I'd recommend searching for the extra flatmates / housemates yourself and forming a small group to find somewhere together. If you mention that you are mature students going into your 2nd year (turning 22) and looking for students around the same age (maybe state an age range) then any replies you get should be from people like you. There should be somewhere in the SU to post things like this as well as on Facebook pages of your course(s) or any societies either of you joined etc. Also try online, you might even find people on here if you post in the 'classifieds' sub-forum at the top of this one.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 6, 2013
Poll
Are you going to a festival?
Find out more

Accommodation profiles:

Downing Students

Universal Student Living

“Over 25 years of perfecting the student accommodation experience. Downing Students. Accommodation Made for you”

Prodigy Living

Prodigy Living

Accommodation in 15 cities across the UK, with 24 sites providing modern, stylish en suite and studio rooms close to the major universities.

iQ Student Accommodation

iQ Student Accommodation

Great value student rooms in city centre locations all across the UK

X1 Lettings

X1 Lettings

Luxury student accommodation in Liverpool & Manchester.

Collegiate Accommodation

Collegiate Accommodation

"This is student living. Just better."

Scape Student Living

Study Inn

Providing stunning high quality, boutique student accommodation throughout the UK

The Student Housing Company

The Student Housing Company

Award-winning student accommodation across the UK.

Articles:

Student accommodation articles What to take to uniDo I need a TV licence?

Quick link:

Unanswered student accommodation threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.