Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Is anyone on here on a training scheme with BDO?

They have one close to me training towards an ACA (you get two other qualifications too). It's not through AAT though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Runninground)
    Is anyone on here on a training scheme with BDO?

They have one close to me training towards an ACA (you get two other qualifications too). It's not through AAT though.
    What exactly do you want to know? May not be someone from BDO here but training schemes are pretty similar across the board.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tokyoround)
    What exactly do you want to know? May not be someone from BDO here but training schemes are pretty similar across the board.
    I was wondering how similar the course was compared to the big 4. Is it the same sort of benefits and salary?

Also, because it's not going through AAT does that mean it will be 'less good'? (As in is AAT better than doing the CFAB & HNA qualifications before doing the ACA?)

ReputationRep:
    I was wondering how similar the course was compared to the big 4. Is it the same sort of benefits and salary?

Also, because it's not going through AAT does that mean it will be 'less good'? (As in is AAT better than doing the CFAB & HNA qualifications before doing the ACA?)
    Hard to say exactly, BDO have just taken over another accounting firm and I assume they will be reviewing things such as salary and benefits. I would guess they are fairly similar to big 4, possibly slightly lower salary and less flexible/refined benefit system.

Which route you take doesn't matter too much imo, all anyone will care about is the ACA when you finish, and your experience of course.

ReputationRep:
    Do you have a degree? Why would you want the AAT?

Do some research!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by M1011)
    Do you have a degree? Why would you want the AAT?

Do some research!
    No I don't have a degree. I would be entering it on the school/ college leaver programme.

ReputationRep:
    No I don't have a degree. I would be entering it on the school/ college leaver programme.
    Better to join an ACA contract straight away. You can qualify in 5 years.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by M1011)
    Better to join an ACA contract straight away. You can qualify in 5 years.
    Yeah, the BDO one means you finish with an ACA qualification

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 9, 2013
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources

Articles:

Guide to finance and bankingGuide to accountancy

Featured recruiter profiles:

Deutsche Bank logo

Deutsche Bank is recruiting

"Thrive in an international banking environment"

ICAEW logo

ICAEW

"Choose a career journey with limitless possibilities."

Quick link:

Unanswered finance and accountancy threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.