Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hey! So I have been invited to the French and Spanish open day at UCL in a couple of weeks and was wondering if anyone had any information about it? Don't really know what to expect. Also, if anybody is studying languages at UCL are you enjoying it? Is the university life and teaching good? Help please! Thanks a lot.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I'm at Oxford now, but I did go to one of these last year for French and German. Basically we had a talk which lasted an hour or so about the school itself and which included three presentations on areas of culture to show us what we could potentially be studying. This was followed by three short sessions, one if which was a tour of the university with a current student. The other two were chats in groups with academics, one for each language applied for. It was very informal and was basically just a chance to ask questions about the course.

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

ReputationRep:
    Thanks a lot are you enjoying Oxford? What did you think of UCL?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    What are you studying?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Yes I'm enjoying Oxford so much and couldn't be happier. :-)

I thought most of the UCL course looked really good, a few things put me off like inflexibility about the year abroad and lack of ability group teaching for grammar. Also I've lived near London my whole life and wasn't really excited about that, plus I really wanted to go to a collegiate university so it wasn't really right for me. But my French teacher went there and loved it so I'm sure you would too.

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.