Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hello there!

I have been lurking in these forums for a while, but have not yet posted so I thought I had better make myself be known.

I was wondering if anybody has yet or is waiting to have an interview for the Primary PGCE with Exeter? I have mine on the 14th January and I am bricking it. Eek.

Any advice?

ReputationRep:
    Hi- I'm also new to the forum, but have my interview at Exeter on the same day as you.

I'm applying for Upper Primary with Modern Languages, how about you?

Spending pretty much this entire week trying to prepare for it!

ReputationRep:
    Sorry, me again- I just read the title of your post- so scrap that question!

I assumed that it would be just MFL candidates on the 14th, but I guess not!

Have you done the professional skills tests yet?

ReputationRep:
    Hi T.Belle

Glad to hear there is someone else out there! I'm applying for Primary with English... I keep doubting what I've come up with. How are you finding the preparation?

No, but I have booked them. And yourself?

ReputationRep:
    I'm working on the principle that there's no such thing as too prepared! I've mostly been reading up on current educational issues- using TES etc. and planning my 10minute activity (specific to languages I think).

I took the skills tests just before Christmas and passed them. I think I was expecting them to be a lot harder than they actually were- they were pretty much in line with the practice ones on the DfE website.

So I'm just worrying about the interview now!

ReputationRep:
    Hello all,

Great to meet you all on Monday. Has anyone heard back from the department yet? I've still heard nothing so am keeping my fingers tightly crossed!

ReputationRep:
    Hello, I had my interview on 14th Jan for Primary with French and just wondered if anyone on here has been offered a place?? Everyone was really good so I'm sure they have...

ReputationRep:
    Hi lauraw89

I had my interview on the 14th too and I got a place! I've just been filling in all the paperwork. Sooo excited about September!

How about you?

ReputationRep:
    Hi, congrats! Yes I got in too-sorry, I meant to write that on my post, oops!! So which one were you as there were only 7 of us, I was the one who did the lesson on fruit with the song haha. I need to sort out one term's accommodation at Exeter at some point, what are you going to do? Very exciting!

ReputationRep:
    That's great! It's nice to know someone else who got in! I did one of the fruit lessons too- the one with the flash cards on the board. I think we may have walked back together? Maybe...

I already live in Exeter, so I don't have to sort out accommodation, but I have no idea how I'm going to deal with the placements if they're miles away!!

Excited about September though! I don't suppose you know who else got in?

See you in September!

ReputationRep:
    Hello!

Congratulations to everybody who has been given a place from Exeter. Has anybody got round to making any plans for accommodation? I am just trying to get an idea of the 'done thing' before making any arrangements for the September term.

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

Well done on getting into Exeter. I have a place on the PGCE primary with Music for september. I'm not sure about accommodation either, I think a pgce list of houses or something goes up on 1st April?!

ReputationRep:
    Hey,

I have a place at Exeter (Primary Humanities.) Has anyone sorted their accommodation out yet for the first term? I think it either opens up today or tomorrow......I'm debating whether or not to go and actually look at the place, or just get one and hope for the best!!!!

ReputationRep:
    Hey everyone,

I was offered an 'intention of offer' but had to pass my numeracy first so I have everything crossed that now I have passed they will confirm an offer.

What do they offer as accommodation?

ReputationRep:
    P.S Congrats to those who got on the course any Primary with Englishers here?

ReputationRep:
    The PGCE list of accommodation is now up on student pad but they are all rooms living with a family! I have found some student flats - Point Exe that you can have either short let or long let which would be good as they advise us to get accommodation for the first term as we don't know where our placement will be! x

ReputationRep:
    mmmm Not sure if I fancy living with a family....I will be going around Exeter in the next week or so, as it's only 40 minutes away. I will let you guys know If I see any good short-term accommodation blocks!

This is out of my price range but looks good!

http://www.crm-students.com/crm-accommodation/exeter/

ReputationRep:
    I'm the same, i'm not sure about living with a family! These are the flats that I found and they are about £79 a week.

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-...-40620728.html

ReputationRep:
    Squigs - I am doing Primary with English too. We must have met on interview day but I can't think who you are. Which book did you choose for the presentation?

Accommodation - I've just sorted out a room with one of the ones advertised on Studentpad. I was also quite hesitant about living with a family but think it will be fine. Three months is such a short time and we will be out most of time on placement/in lectures anyway.

ReputationRep:
    Hey I can't remember if I've already posted on here - I'm gonna be on the primary + humanities course. I haven't sorted out accommodation yet - I can travel down to ex so I've been putting it off :/

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.